We invite you to explore a future with us at PRA Group, a diverse and growing company that has a tangible impact on the global economy.
Notifies or locates customers with delinquent accounts and attempts to secure payment by performing the following duties
Key Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Comply with all aspects of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), company policies and procedures.
- Trace customer to new address using address software or by contacting credit reporting agencies, post office, relatives, employers and other possible leads.
- Confer with customer by telephone in attempt to determine reason for overdue payment, review terms of sales, service, or credit contract with customer; take appropriate action if customer disputes the account(s).
- Request appropriate form letters to customers to notify of transfer of account to our company, encourage payment of delinquent accounts or confirm agreements to settle accounts.
- Record information about financial status of customer and status of collection efforts using automated collections software.
- Obtain and review appropriate correspondence and documents, both paper and electronic that pertain to the account
- Establish payment schedule and grant extensions of payment deadline; determine interest to be charged on overdue amount.
- If delegated settlement authority, settle account within limits authorized; otherwise, obtain necessary information and confer with supervisor.
- Submit necessary codes to transfer account to legal collections if customer fails to respond
- Settlement authority established by the Director of Operations
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies across areas of organizational responsibility.
- High School Diploma or G. E. D. required
- Candidate must have a stable work history, preferably at least 12 - 18 months in previous employment
- Must have completed approved company training program and pass FDCPA test
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the employee works in a call center, in an individual work station, using telephone, headset and computer. Employee may be required to work evenings and weekends. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship, or any other classes recognized by state or local law or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. We are a drug free workplace.
Associated topics: account representative, audit, biller, commercial, debt, finance, financial, loan, mitigation, payment