The Accounts Payable Team Lead oversees day-to-day efforts of the two person Accounts Payable team. The Accounts Payable Team Lead is responsible for all tasks related to the payment of suppliers and vendors. The Accounts Payable Team Lead examines, codes, verifies, balances and reconciles high volume transactions. The Accounts Payable Team Lead is integral in the process review and approval of the Firm’s Purchase Card and Business Travel Account Card programs, assists in policy creation and supports the Accounting Manager. In addition:
- Identify and escalate issues to the Accounting Manager.
- Prioritize and review invoices for appropriate approvals.
- Reconciles daily/weekly check run payments against open vouchers.
- Monitor rush check requests for appropriate approvals and coding.
- Review and address stale dated check items.
- Maintain vendor relationships by clearing invoices and proactively addressing issues.
- Complete reports timely (i.e., vendor analysis), ensuring accuracy.
- Process EDI files.
- Reconcile accounts and vendor statements, and research and address discrepancies.
- Address ad-hoc RFIs.
- Process 1099s.
- Research and address inquiries regarding account status and payment terms, and reply timely to internal customer and external vendor inquiries.
- Audit expense reports to ensure firm policy compliance and coding
- 3E/Elite Enterprise (including general ledger, load files, and/or related Accounts Payable applications)
- Chrome River
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or other related field, required.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive Accounts Payable experience, preferably in mid to large size law firms.
- Prior law firm experience preferred, but not required.