Advisory Cyber Privacy Director - Chicago
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional ( provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.
As we aim to rapidly grow our Cybersecurity and Privacy practice, we are looking for consultants who are passionate about how strategy and technology can improve the role of cybersecurity, privacy and data protection in our digital world.
We are looking for consultants with extensive consulting, technological and industry experience who will help our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy through execution. A Cybersecurity and Privacy consulting career will provide the opportunity to grow and contribute to our clients'business issues every day, applying a collection of information and Cyber security capabilities, including security and privacy strategy and governance, IT risk, security testing, technology implementation/operations, and cybercrime and breach response.
Our Privacy&Consumer Protection services enable clients to discover and map data life cycles to create business value, as well as design a program that can jump-start success and build trust among consumers. We focus on helping clients maintain compliance of cross-border data transfers with global privacy laws and earn stakeholder trust in their use of personal datawhile identifying opportunities to better optimize compliance, risk, and value creation.
Privacy Compliance and Data Protection works with the areas of Privacy and/or Security Program Development and Strategy, Information and Operational Risk Management and Compliance, Data Use and Protection and Legal and Financial Services operational risk.
At PwC, our team members have subject matter expertise with US federal, state, and/or international privacy laws including but not limited to GLBA Reg P, TCPA, the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the APEC CBPR and other industry specific regulations such as NAIC.
Our team assists clients in the development of corporate privacy programs, including policies, procedures and training, supporting technology deployments, planning for and attaining BCRs, conducting large and small scale privacy risk assessments, development of Third Party Risk Management programs, and incorporating privacy by design principles into product development.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 10
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Degree Preferred: Juris Doctorate (JD) or Master of Laws (LLM) degree
Certification(s) Preferred: Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and/or additional CIPP certification in government privacy (CIPP/G), European privacy (CIPP/E); preferred additional certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) and information security credentials such as the CISSP.
Demonstrates thought leader-level knowledge with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in financial services, banking, capital markets and insurance industries by assisting in developing for clients global privacy compliance programs, conducting privacy and security assessments and managing vendors including the following areas:
- Federal, State or International data privacy laws, i.e. Reg P, Reg V, TCPA, FCRA, European Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC), MA 201 CMR 17.00, Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA) and State Breach Disclosure Laws;
- Strategy, operations and management in functional and operational areas within the Financial Services Industries, emphasizing the intersection of privacy, security, compliance and risk; and,
- Project leadership and/or management of multiple large and complex engagements, including proposal response writing, pre-sale and initial scoping, SOW development, and final delivery and signoff activities.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts to generate and maintain an annual book of business valued at $2 million+ within the Financial Services Industry, overseeing and managing concurrent multiple, complex projects including the following areas:
- Direct the identification and addressing of client needs-building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, margins, billing and collection;
- Lead and supervise teams to create an atmosphere of trust and seek diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; answer questions and provide direction to less-experienced staff, coach staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback;
- Provide opportunities to contribute to practice development through the development of new collateral and thought leadership pieces, as well as participation in sales and driving revenue;
- Develop methodologies and /or conduct audit and monitoring plans based on US Federal or State data protection and privacy laws and regulations, emphasizing effective privacy and data security awareness and education plans based on regulatory requirements and clients needs consistent with their policies and culture;
- Identify data privacy compliance risks and vulnerabilities-advising clients on relevant compliance and regulatory issues, assessing related risks and controls, and implementing related compliance supervisory and control solutions;
- Oversee and lead teams to execute privacy compliance assessments and conduct gap analyses against Federal, State and/or international data privacy laws: develop methodologies and tools to assist clients with developing and deploying their privacy compliance and data protection programs related to such laws and regulations;
- Develop protocols and controls to test clients'privacy policies and procedures, comparing clients operations to privacy-related regulatory requirements that result in developing practical recommendations and
improvements to reinforce adherence to, or proffering revisions that balance both regulatory compliance and business operational needs involving, policies and controls.
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, business, company, counsel, courtroom, internal, lawyer, legal department, market