To assist in the execution of the vision, future direction, and initiative roadmap for strategic, application technology programs for the Security Application Engineering (SAE) under ES&F organization. To help define the reference and implementation architectures for strategic, application technology solutions for the SAE.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides the architectural leadership in shaping strategic, application security technology programs for the Security Application Engineering (SAE) under ES&F organization.
2. Provides Field Security Architect (FSA) services to become a Application Security Champions (ASC) for SAE applications.
3. Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; conduct Security Architecture Review process; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaches improved processes.
4. Assists in determining security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researches information security standards; conducts system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studies application architecture/platform; identifies integration issues.
5. Participates in the plan and design of security systems by evaluating and applying world class application security frameworks and technologies; develops security requirements for the SDLC, source code classification, authentication, authorization, designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as software; adhering to industry standards.
6. Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and software; directs software installation and calibration; prepares preventive and reactive measures. Creates, transmitts, and maintains keys; provides technical support; completes documentation.
7. Verifies application code security by developing and implementing code review test scripts. Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures. Conducts incident response analyses; develops and conducts training programs.
8. Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifies security gaps; evaluates and implements enhancements. Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
9. Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participates in educational opportunities; reads professional publications. Maintains personal networks and participates in professional organizations.
10. Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
11. Communicates complicated technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders. Establishes relationships with IT leaders and Department Heads, architects, and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed architectural solutions.
12. Utilizes a general understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for security architectural decision making.
13. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree preferred or equivalent combination of training or experience.
- Minimum five years experience in application security experience.
- Certification- CISSP preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Associated topics: canine detection, guard, patrol, protect, protection, secure, security, surveillance, tsa, watchman