Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America.We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http\\:///progress
Operate with considerable latitude in consulting, advising, and representing the company on a variety of highly complex legal matters and projects related to corporate law. Provide legal counsel to management on broad issues affecting the company. Ensure that legal documents regarding board meetings and motions, mergers or acquisitions, contracts, or other corporate actions are prepared properly. Confer with executives regarding corporate initiatives, product development, or regulatory concerns to assess legal risks to the company and plan actions to control or minimize those risks. May act as a subject area/technical expert, or key advisor on significant business or product decisions with or without management responsibilities. May manage a specific unit or specialist function. May directly manage in-house counsel, paralegals and legal support staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- May plan, guide, and/or oversee the performance of in-house counsel, team members, and/or legal support staff. Provide legal advice and service by combining skill in corporate law with sound business acumen and knowledge of business goals and objectives of the company or assigned business units.
- Engage with assigned business units to meet goals. Pursue details and achieve closure on various matters. Provide excellent client service.
- Use business and legal judgment to balance an appropriate level of risk against the business needs in a particular situation. Operate within the framework of allowable corporate behavior and governance, and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Supervise and actively direct outside counsel.
- Work closely with business clients and outside counsel to ensure adherence to important corporate and regulatory policies.
- Draft templates. Write documents. May draft comment letters. May analyze legislation that impacts the company and assist the company in responding to inquiries from Congress and government agencies.
- Prepare and manage a due diligence budget. Coordinate with internal departments to ensure proper tracking and accounting of legal due diligence expenses.
- Juris Doctorate Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8+ years of related experience
- Transactional experience in negotiating large services, outsourcing, and other complex procurement-related agreements.
- Additional experience advising business clients and other attorneys on privacy and cybersecurity, including incident response planning and execution, data governance and licensing, intellectual property protection and enforcement (preferred).
- Must have superior negotiation, legal drafting, interpersonal, and communication skills and the ability to engage in proactive, strategic and critical thinking.
- Must have ability to provide outstanding client service in a dynamic, fast-paced, dynamic and challenging environment, all with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and constructively with colleagues of all levels and in all roles throughout the company.
- Law firm and in-house experience preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: attorney corporate, company, compliance office, corporate attorney, counsel, legal, legal affairs, legal department, llp, market