The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of Americas electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly evolving, and requires new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each persons overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance.
Serves as the compliance liaison with the Information Technology (IT) Department for all IT compliance support issues. Develops all business requirements for compliance projects, coordinating user acceptance testing, monitoring progress and providing status reports to management. Responsible for updating and maintaining the compliance departments access and excel databases.
Purpose and Mission
1. Serves as the project manager for all IT compliance projects. This includes: representing compliance in IT project meetings, conducting and coordinating user acceptance testing, meeting regularly with IT staff to monitor the progress of the project and managing the implementation to ensure completed by deadline.
2. Serves as the project manager for all Summary Plan Description required updates. This includes: gathering the required updates based on business and regulatory need, drafting requirements for IT purposes, conducting and coordinating user acceptance testing, and managing the implementation within ActiveDocs to ensure the updates are completed by deadline.
3. Responsible for developing the business case and requirements for all new IT compliance projects. This includes meeting with the Benefits Compliance Manager in determining objectives, drafting detailed requirements based on the objectives and meeting with IT to determine deadlines and format.
4. Responsible for maintaining the functionality and infrastructure for compliances access databases, including the Compliance and Adoption Agreement databases that provide workflow functionality and track critical data elements.
5. Develops and maintains reporting utlized by staff to manage and prioritize work, and management to monitor accuracy and production as well as required actions/responses by members.
6. Monitors Omni and the NEB to ensure that testing data, retirement questionnaires and W-2 data, are flowing properly through the aforementioned systems. Addresses and supports NDT system needs for Retirement Compliance.
7. Responsible for evaluating current technology processes and providing recommendations to the Benefits Compliance Manager for consideration. For example, this would include an evaluation of manual processes to determine where technology could be leveraged or an evaluation of existing databases for consolidation.
8. Serves as the compliance representative for all enterprise wide system implementations. In this role, the employee would bring in other compliance subject matter experts as required.
9. Responsible for the proper security and disposal of any confidential information that he or she may possess in the course of performing this positions job duties, in accordance with NRECAs Personnel & Administrative Policy and HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies & Procedures Manuals.
Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelors degree and 5 or more years of related IT, with Benefits experience and knowledge a plus.
5+ years in drafting technical requirements, with benefit plans for at least 2 years.
2+ years project management, including establishing criteria for and managing acceptance testing. Knowledge of Agile is a plus.
Required to have a working knowledge of pension and welfare compliance and regulatory requirements.
Strong ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, on technical and complicated issues to a non-technical audience.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access and other Microsoft Office Tools as demonstrated by prior work experience.
Working knowledge of ActiveDocs (i.e. SPD production).
Ability to build and manage relationships effectively in a matrixed environment as demonstrated by prior work experience.
Ability to define issues, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and apply to work environment as demonstrated by prior work experience.
Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse membership, employees and/or vendors in a clear and precise manner as demonstrated by prior work experience.
Ability to operate various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, printer, fax machine, 10-key adding machine, and multiple line telephone as demonstrated by prior work experience.
Ability to provide service excellence by building relationships, being resourceful, responsive and respectful as demonstrated by prior work experience.