Business Development Manager
Our client, a prestigious Los Angeles/Orange County law firm is seeking a strong and dynamic Business Development Manager to lead the business development and marketing efforts for the Firm's Water, Environment and Land Use and Eminent Domain practice groups.
Work with attorneys and practice group leadership and to expand client relationships, develop prospective clients, and increase visibility in targeted industry sectors.
- Developing and implementing effective marketing and business development plans aligned with Firm goals, and overseeing budgets to support the initiatives.
- Coaching attorneys regarding business development and marketing strategies.
- Conducting client satisfaction interviews and developing client service improvement programs.
- Collaborating with the Marketing & Events and Communications Teams on identifying and assessing business development and marketing opportunities such as sponsorships, events, organization memberships, awards and honors, press releases
- Assisting with the creation of targeted, well-written marketing materials, the procurement and analysis of competitive intelligence and other research, and the submission of winning proposal/pitch/presentation materials in conjunction with the New Business Pursuits Team.
- Sharing cross-selling opportunities between practice and industry groups and offices.
- Bachelor’s degree required, JD or MBA and majors in related fields a plus.
- 7+ years business development experience in a leadership position in professional services. Law firm experience necessary. Legal substantive knowledge of litigation, real estate and/or land use is a plus.
- Proven track record in developing and administering successful business development and client service programs.
- Law firm background preferred