Responsible for the collection past due Mortgage, consumer, credit card and overdraft accounts via telephone contact with customers. Resolve customer issues with regard to their outstanding loan balance. Negotiate repayment terms with customers in accordance with bank guidelines. Provide consistent quality service to internal and external customers that meets or exceeds standards. Knowledge of FNMA and FHLMC guidelines. Thorough knowledge of establishing GSE compliant borrower repayment plans. Understanding of all applicable foreclosure laws. Ability to work with borrowers who are facing imminent foreclosure. Knowledge of all investors FNMA FHLMC etc. Understanding of all specific state regulations including but not limited to California and Massachusetts statutes. Responsibilities
- Handles escalated customer service issues and research issues in support of immediate supervisor and resolves them where authorized or routes them to the appropriate area for resolution
- Recommends accounts for placement for repossession, foreclosure, litigation, charge off or other actions
- Uses skip tracing techniques to locate and contact customers
- Advise customers of their responsibilities under terms of contract.
- Provide individual loan counseling on acceptable repayment terms.
- Negotiates and refers accounts for settlement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 months Collections or customer service experience
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking preferred
- Effective communication skills; ability to negotiate to meet objectives
- Effective negotiation skills and effective follow-up with customers to ensure adherence to repayment terms
- Knowledge of all applicable collection laws including FDCPA and GLB,PC/ Microsoft Office and predictive dialing experience.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Job :Collections & Workout Primary Location :Pennsylvania-Reading Schedule :Full-time Job Posting :Jun 11, 2018, 5:56:34 PM
Associated topics: banking service, loan officer, loan originator, loan review, loan review officer, mortgage underwriter, personal banker, personal banker i, personal banker iii, relationship