Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in allmarkets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http\\:///progress JOB INFORMATION
Utilize broad expertise or unique knowledge in leading and performing assignments related to planning, directing, and/or executing procedures by the organization to comply with laws or regulations governing how it conducts its business. Advise managers on the development of procedures or business processes that are compliant and instruct managers in their use. Conduct compliance reviews and analyses and report findings to responsible corporate management. Prepare reports in standard formats to regulatory agencies. Interact with regulators in planning activities or changes to business processes that are subject to regulation. Work independently, exhibiting strong analytical, decision-making and judgment skills.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and execute high-level strategies and plans in supporting assigned business units with review of transactions, processes, controls, recordkeeping, communications, and the like that are subject to specific regulations affecting the business.
- Act as internal consultant for the compliance/ethics staff and for cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with regulations and policies. Study highly complex data. Present insights and learning. Advise management of significant findings.
- Gather data, reports, and documentation pertinent to regulatory reports and filings for regulatory agencies. Implement optimum solutions considering policies and current regulations.
- Prepare recommendations of policies and procedures for future regulatory reporting and compliance.
- Design, develop, and maintain processes to track, monitor, and report activities. Evaluate results. Present insights and best practices.
- Design, develop, and deliver training to senior management and staff regarding regulatory requirements. Develop and deploy specialized training to high-risk business units, as necessary. Follow up with business unit management and staff regarding corporate training and mandatory classes.
- Lead or perform projects at the highest level of complexity involving technology or the development of new procedures as a subject matter expert and to ensure that pertinent regulatory concerns are addressed in the project's outcomes.
- Prepare detailed gap analyses of current corporate practices against new regulatory requirements, engage key corporate stakeholders, identify potential gaps, develop remediation plans with business unit management, track plans through completion, produce timely reporting, and advise senior management and regulatory agencies of compliance status.
- Articulate complex program activities to auditors and regulatory agencies, maintain critical program documentation and address any required remediation activities in a timely manner. In addition, investigate cases of suspicious activities and make regulatory filing recommendations to Legal Department and senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Minimum 5-8 years of audit and/or compliance experience.
- Experience with enterprise governance activities a plus (i.e. delegations of authority, policies/procedures, records management).
- Ability to conduct compliance assessments, in-depth targeted reviews, controls monitoring and testing.
- Demonstrated analytic skills as well as the ability to take disparate information and make recommendations quickly.
- Accomplished and effective interviewing and fact-finding skills.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write assessments clearly, accurately and analytically to support detailed findings.
- Ability to be flexible, multitask and reprioritize work as the needs of the business change.
- Demonstrated strong project management experience in tracking to milestones and management reporting.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills, including ability to work independently and manage solutions to a complex range of business challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management, staff, customers and regulatory bodie.
- A strong sense of urgency about solving problems, meeting challenging deadlines, and achieving critical goals
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: attorney corporate, business, compliance department, compliance office, corporate, counsel, courtroom, lawyer, llp, market