At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA) Compliance, the Retail Surveillance team in Charlotte conducts routine and targeted surveillance and oversight within Wells Fargo Advisors to ensure compliance with Firm s policies and procedures, as well as rules and regulations governing the security industry. The team monitors brokerage activities to mitigate risk and provide support to Wealth Brokerage Services (WBS), WFA Financial Network (FiNet), WellsTrade (WT), Wells Fargo Advisors Solutions (WFAS), Centralized Affluent Team (CAT), and Intuitive Investor (Digital.
The Surveillance Consultant will analyze trade, account, and Financial Advisor activity for compliance with various rules, regulations and policies. Analysis will be completed in connection with SuperVision system alerts, as well as a broad range of reporting. The Consultant will develop a strong working relationship with the supervisory staff of their assigned branch offices, including educating and advice on policies and procedures, industry rules, supervisory systems, and regulatory focus, as well as timely and proactive day-to-day support.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Develops testing strategies and methodologies; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls and identifies issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations.
- Support internal reviews arising from day-to-day surveillance and oversight work related to potential violations of the Firm's Compliance policies, industry rules and other team member misconduct.
- Coordinates production of periodic compliance performance reports for management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
- May assist in drafting corrective action plans and in managing risk to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identifies training opportunities, and may design or coordinate the development of training materials.
- May manage ad-hoc projects for the department and assist with the tracking and organizing of reports and assignments.
**Please note that posting duration may be shortened based on job seeker volume.**
- 1+ year of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven brokerage compliance experience
- Proven knowledge of financial products and services
- Series 7 and 63 licenses
- Experience with SmartStation and BETA
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, company, corporate, courtroom, internal, legal, legal affairs, legal department, market