At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Our team is responsible for developing and executing a review program to test and verify business unit controls that help ensure the Firm s system of supervisory controls is operating effectively. In addition, it populates and supports the Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) Issue Management system to capture and monitor issues identified through regulatory exams, internal reviews (e.g., Audit Services, Testing & Validation, etc.) or self-disclosure by the line of business. It is responsible for reviewing the resolution plan to assess its adequacy and for monitoring the issue through remediation. The team also utilizes SHRP to produce management reports to support standard and ad-hoc reporting requirements for Wells Fargo.
The Compliance Consultant 3 (CC) will be assigned to monitor the resolution of outstanding issues and consult with senior leaders in developing corrective actions for new issues to ensure regulatory compliance and compliance with the Corporate Issue Management Policy. The CC will partner with business owners to ensure controls are well designed in order to address the risk and root cause of the issue. In addition, the CC will support in monthly and quarterly risk reporting requirements.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating, and providing credible challenge where necessary, the timely identification and documentation of issues, assessment of the risk rationale of issues, and escalation of issues
- Ensuring root cause analysis of issues is thorough, complete, and that the corrective action timeframe is reasonable and fully addresses the root cause, including interim corrective actions if appropriate
- Reporting issue and corrective action progress and performance to management and stakeholders; Facilitating and providing credible challenge throughout the issue extension process
- Evaluating corrective action readiness prior to closure or validation
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Experience creating, executing, and documenting compliance testing
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years audit experience in the financial services industry
- Ability to gain an understanding of and evaluate the internal controls of previously unfamiliar areas
- FINRA Series 7 or willingness to obtain
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: attorney corporate, business, compliance office, corporate, counsel, court, internal, lawyer, legal, legal affairs