At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
The Consumer Banking and Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) Testing and Validation - UDAAP/Sales Practices/Fair Lending Testing Team is seeking is seeking a seasoned Compliance Consultant to assist in overseeing and executing control and transactional testing of UDAAP, Sales Practices, and Fair Lending risks as they relate to Community Banking and PVSI associated business lines and processes. Specifically, these business lines may include Regional Banking, Small Business Lending, Virtual Channels, and Sales & Service Conduct Oversight. This Compliance Consultant will conduct compliance risk testing activities for regulatory risks specific to UDAAP, Sales Practices and Fair Lending. This position will interact with the UDAAP Program Office, Legal Department, Business Control Executive teams, the Testing and Validation teams, line of business Operational Risk and Compliance teams, other ET&V managers, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and other oversight groups.
In addition to the responsibilities above, this position will have responsibility for:
- Developing testing strategies and methodology for UDAAP, SP, and FL
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls
- Participating in complex testing engagements for UDAAP, SP and FL risks impacting Regional Banking, Small Business Lending, and Virtual Channels
- Drafting reports of findings and providing recommendations to business line management
- Consulting with various issue owners to assist in developing corrective action plans
- Assist in effectively managing change to ensure regulatory compliance
- May assist with site, agency or other examinations conducted by internal/external parties
Preferred location(s): Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; Phoenix, AZ; San Antonio, TX and Denver, CO
Will consider other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint for qualified candidates.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 2+ years of compliance and controls testing experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of complex regulatory/compliance issues and potential solutions
- A BS/BA degree or higher
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of Fair Lending, UDAAP and Sales Practices laws/requirements
- Product and process knowledge of Regional Banking and PVSI
- CRCM, CIA, or other Compliance/Audit Certifications
- Experience developing testing strategies and methodology for UDAAP and FL
- Community Banking or Sales Practices Compliance Experience
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, product and internal controls
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, company, compliance department, compliance office, internal, lawyer, legal affairs, legal department, llp