At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
The Enterprise Functions Compliance team is responsible for performing independent compliance risk management activities that drive certain Enterprise Functions regulatory compliance risk management activities. The team partners with corporate risk oversight functions as well as compliance program teams to ensure appropriate compliance program integration of certain laws, rules, regulations, and applicable regulatory guidance that define risk management activities outside of regulatory compliance.
We have several opening within the Enterprise Function Compliance Team.
The Compliance Consultant 5 / Functiional Risk Regulatory Source Ownder roles in Wells Fargo Enterprise Functions Compliance is an exciting opportunity to drive quality compliance risk management processes across the organization by developing a deep understanding of an assigned regulatory portfolio and its applicability to and impact on Wells Fargo s risk profile. The Compliance Consultant confers with the legal department, lines of business (LOB) partners, compliance partners including testing and validation, and other risk partners as necessary to ensure appropriate and effective risk assessment and risk management activities are in place for assigned regulatory sources. The Compliance Consultant leverages expertise of credit, market, liquidity, and capital adequacy risk related laws, rules, regulations and agency guidance to drive compliance risk management processes as applicable across Wells Fargo. This includes regulatory change management, risk assessment activities, development of major compliance requirements, identification of expected controls, development of control review guidelines and partnership with testing and validation teams, as well as partnership with legal, functional risk, and compliance program teams to facilitate quality risk management activities. The Compliance Consultant also works with LOBs to influence development of relevant corrective action activities to improve control design and effectiveness. This team member is responsible for the maintenance and quality of assigned regulatory portfolio of authoritative sources in SHRP (Wells Fargo s risk platform and tool set), and may conduct periodic, enterprise-wide community of practice sessions and drive compliance policy adherence.
As part of the Compliance Consultant 5- Enterprise Functions Compliance Stakeholder Relations/Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations Team role, the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating the business program s ability to identify and understand applicable risks, including regulatory source expectations, as well as the function s risk management practices to assess, mitigate, and oversee effective control of these risks through governance, policies, procedures, training and awareness, metrics and reporting, and issue identification and escalation. This position will play a role in engaging appropriate subject matter experts (SMEs) to assist with the assessment and mitigation of risks related to enterprise functions, as well as interact with other risk professionals on our team. This team member is responsible for the maintenance and quality of assigned regulatory portfolio of authoritative sources in SHRP (Wells Fargo s risk platform and tool set), and may conduct periodic, enterprise-wide community of practice sessions and drive compliance policy adherence
*Preferred locations are posted, however, open to other locations across the U.S.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience identifying and assessing regulatory compliance risk associated with Credit, Market, Liquidity and Capital Adequacy risks
- Demonstrated experience implementing compliance programs that support adherence to financial services regulations and/or prudential regulatory guidance
- Experience communicating with financial services regulators and or internal audit
- Ability to integrate end-to-end business process knowledge and assessment into oversight activities
- Proven experience in all aspects of executing a new policy, process and methodology or significant enhancement of same in a significantly complex environment.
- Experience with conducting risk assessments, assessing the adequacy of policies, procedures, processes, and compliance and operational controls in a significantly large and complex organization.
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of multiple risk disciplines: operational, credit and market risk.
- Understanding of enterprise regulatory requirements & guidance applicable to systemically important financial institutions (SIFIs)
- Experience overseeing projects and creating process work flow across a global institution
- Ability to effectively identify and articulate risks, issues and associated root causes
- Ability to respond quickly to changing job demands
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently, clearly and explicitly condense complex information and scenarios to essential elements for executive recommendations & consumption
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, while ensuring appropriate transparency and escalation
- Demonstrated ability to build effective partnerships with multiple stakeholders that result in specific and meaningful improvements to risk management
- REO (Real Estate Owned) property experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: attorney corporate, business, compliance department, compliance office, corporate, corporate attorney, court, courtroom, legal affairs, llp