Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Compliance Learning Project Manager
The Project Manager position in Corporate Risk Management [CRM] Learning is responsible for managing for assigned initiatives and coordinating the day-to-day duties of the risk and compliance training program. Discovers risk and compliance training program is comprised of regulatory and targeted regulatory training, delivered through eLearning, delivery of Instructor Led Training, and alternative methods. Delivery of targeted role-based training for new employee onboarding and regulatory changes. This role is responsible for working across multiple groups including HR Learning Strategy, Law and Subject Matter Experts [SMEs] in Compliance. The Project Manager is responsible for executing on day-to-day support associated with the program. This includes the development and maintenance of content and materials, as well as, facilitating across multiple areas.
- Optimize the training experience and training effectiveness, collaborate with critical partners e. g. the HR Learning Strategy team, Law and subject matter experts
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities for team processes and the program
- Manage multiple priorities and ensure effective collaboration on key priorities, ensuring adequate implementation of and reporting on training activities as well as build relationships is essential
- Manage and work effectively with team members
- Support key priorities as set by the CRM Learning Director
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to SMEs during the life cycle of course or content design
- Strong listening skills to understand and translate requirements into appropriate formats, such as presentation slides
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills as position presents to and/or interfaces with various levels of management within Corporate Risk Management
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to work on and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while demonstrating leadership capability
- Quickly adapt and take lead of other ad-hoc projects when necessary and continue to build and share knowledge and best practices.
- Work with department leads, coverage attorneys, and business units.
- Develop regulatory training plans specific to role based training needs. Administer annual training needs assessment and work with SMEs and T&D to develop the training plan. Maintain CRM Training calendar which includes a collection of all Risk & Compliance Training.
- Collaborating with CRM and as applicable coverage attorneys and other business units on other training initiatives related to the CRM Training program.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience desired with regulatory and/or consumer protection financial regulations (such as the AML/Sanctions, ECOA/Reg B, SCRA, FCRA, FDCPA, TILA/Reg Z, and UDAAP)
- Strong project manager skills
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
- Self-motivated, display a high level of initiative
- Strong ability to execute requested initiatives, with minimal direction
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, requiring a high level of organization and analytic skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and Outlook, is required and proficiency with Project and Visio is preferred
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task