Job ID: 229240Compliance Specialist - Jacksonville, FLBirmingham, AlabamaRegular/Day
Additional Job Information
Title: Spec Compliance
City, State: Jacksonville, FL
Location: ALBIR 806 St Vincent's Health
Department: Compliance SE
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly
Marketing StatementAscension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2016, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 150,000 associates and 36,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates 2,500 sites of care including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities in 24 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
Coordinates administration and delivery of corporate compliance and education activities and tasks.
- Oversees investigation of internal complaints. Communicates with appropriate entity to facilitate documentation and resolution of complaints. Coordinates with appropriate internal teams and legal counsel as needed. Assists with performing other investigation procedures and complaint resolution as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains systems to capture and report calls, investigations and complaints in a format suitable for senior management and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Serves as a liaison for designated compliance resources. Coordinates committee meetings, agendas, and minutes. Facilitates other communications and meetings as required.
- Develops compliance education materials, including corporate responsibility and regulatory topics, and performs ongoing compliance training and communication.
- Assists in the development, implementation, operation and oversight of the Compliance Program to promote adherence to laws, regulations and ethical business practices.
- Assists in the implementation of compliance initiatives that address the essential elements of the Compliance Program as directed by the Health Ministry Compliance Lead and Region Compliance Officer.
- Assists in the management of the Health Ministry compliance auditing and monitoring program to address high risk compliance areas.
- Works collaboratively and in partnership with the Ascension Compliance Community, including utilizing centralized resources and tools developed by the Ascension Compliance Community to standardize compliance programs and achieve program effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting, healthcare administration, business or related field is preferred but not required.
- Compliance Officer must have a minimum of five (5) years of work experience in healthcare compliance, legal, internal audit or other related fields
- Compliance Officer must have a minimum of five (5) years of work experience in healthcare compliance, legal, internal audit or other related fields.
Equal Employment OpportunityAscension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster: Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.Share:
Associated topics: attorney, compliance department, compliance office, court, courtroom, lawyer, legal, legal affairs, llp, market