At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Senior Counsel
within PNC's Legal - Mergers & Acquisitions
organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.Job Profile
- Identifies and manages legal risk for the organization.
- Performs significant and complex legal work and regularly interacts with management.Oversees legal research, analysis, consultation and documentation within a framework of legal compliance and risk management.
- Leads outside counsel relationships and manages expenses.
- Networks with outside organizations to advance legal interests and legal health of the corporation and its industry.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Leads Effective Change - Working Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Extensive Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Business Ethics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of practices, behaviors, applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing proper business conduct; ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Negotiating - Working Experience
- Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors and clients in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Influencing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
External Resource Management - Extensive Experience
- Ability to effectively manage the utilization of external services (e.g., product or platform vendors, service providers, contractors, consultants, outsourced functions).
LEGAL FUNCTION - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the legal function or department; ability to provide legal consulting, advice and assistance.
Legal Analysis - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from both legal and factual information.
Experience in Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Corporate Law preferredCertifications/Licenses
Active State LicenseRequired Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, or PhD is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8 + years. Specific certifications are often required.EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law