Customs Compliance Leader
South San Francisco, CA
Operating as an exclusive agent to the global Mainfreight enterprise, Mainfreight San Francisco delivers a complete range of logistic solutions in Materials Management, Fulfillment, Customs Clearance, Certified Bonded Warehousing, Air, Sea and Road Transportation. Mainfreight is a global logistics and freight forwarding company with over 30 years experience in over 160 locations worldwide.
We are looking for a Customs Compliance Leader for our International Transportation Logistics team, reporting to International Customer Service Manager, This is a hands-on role that engages with the Importer s logistics team (e.g. Supply Chain, Planning, Merchandising, Sourcing, Product Development) and other service provider partners. We are looking for someone who wants to make a difference and who enjoys a fast-paced environment where new challenges are the norm.
Mainfreight offers an exciting, dynamic work environment, competitive pay, excellent benefits, and career development opportunities.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Apply strategic and tactical leadership to our organization s international supply chain and customs compliance program
- Engage with various importers as well as associated freight forwarders, carriers and parcel couriers on daily basis
- Accountable for inbound vendor-to-US and outbound-to-client customer supply chain performance measured against key performance metrics in the areas of cost, cycle time, service, and quality of delivery
- Serve as a subject matter expert resource for internal cross-functional partners
- Communicate and partner with overseas agents/vendor suppliers and, as necessary, with CBP personnel & related agencies
- Ensure customs brokerage process and performance supports high volume network, sea container shipments as well as land border, air forwarder and courier parcels on a daily basis
- Monitor daily / weekly / monthly status and performance reports; address problem areas and deficiencies as necessary
- Effectively use shipment data and documentation for managing exceptions
- Perform post-entry audit of the documentation provided by the customs broker
- Streamline duty payments via ACE and ACH account; process and evaluate service provider billings
- Assign HTS codes to all products and maintain HTS/parts item database
- Implement operational strategies in support of key sourcing and supply chain initiatives
- Coordinate and facilitate face-to-face and teleconference meetings between vendors, service providers, and cross-functional partners as required to ensure open, accurate, and timely communication flow between all parties
- Other duties as assigned
- At least (4) years relevant business experience with roles focused in customs compliance
- In-depth understanding of customs brokerage and corporate customs compliance programs/procedures
- Basic understanding of freight forwarders, carriers, air, sea and road logistics
- Solid familiarity of the Customs Regulations Title 19 CFR
- Knowledge of HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) and ACE (Automated Commercial Environment)
- Fundamental understanding of inventory and accounting principles
- Customs broker license preferred but not mandatory
- Familiarity with GT NEXUS a plus
- Understanding and exposure to C-TPAT programs a plus
Please Apply Online Below.
Associated topics: company, compliance, compliance department, corporate, corporate attorney, court, courtroom, lawyer, legal, market