Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Cyber Fusion and Threats Analyst. This position is located in Fort Meade, MD.
The candidate will serve as a Cyber Fusion & Threats Analyst on the DISA GSM-O program supporting the DISA Command Center (DCC) Network Assurance embedded with DISA Headquarters, Fort Meade, MD.
- Maintain situational awareness of cyber activity by reviewing DoD, Intelligence Community and open source reporting for new vulnerabilities, malware or other threats that have the potential to impact the DoDIN.
- Support mission-critical Continuity of Operations (COOP).
- Synthesize, summarize, consolidate and share potentially malicious activities on the DoDIN with DISA and mission partner organizations by creating incident reports, wiki updates, collaboration/chat tippers and notifications, DoD incident handling database queries, metrics, and trend reports.
- Assist in providing threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services and recommendations.
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent) with the ability to obtain CSSP-A certification within 180 days of start date.
- Hold and maintain an active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Proficient understanding of Cyber Network Defense (CND) in regards to protect, detect, respond and sustain within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly articulate technical and strategic level cyber matters to a variety of audiences.
- Highly developed research and analytical skills to pinpoint statistically significant patterns related to cyber threats.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth.
- Bachelor's degree with 8 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree. (4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree).
- Knowledgeable in Cloud security/defense.
- Experience with DISA and DoD Networks.
- Working knowledge of cyber operational security, log analysis, netflow analysis, incident response, malware analysis, computer forensics, and/or cyber-crime.
- Advanced Certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Wireshark and Splunk analysis tools.
- Experience in intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain (CKC) methodology; knowledge of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and other cyber threat modeling frame works.
- Working knowledge of the U.S. Intelligence Community, SLTT governments, and/or fusion centers.
- Train and mentor other team members.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Associated topics: attack, cybersecurity, idm, information technology security, malicious, phish, protect, security, security analyst, violation