About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Incident Response Coordinator will exercise strong incident management techniques to coordinate Thermo Fisher Scientific s Corporate Information Security (CIS) response to cybersecurity events or incidents stemming from suspected internal or external threats. The best candidates for the role have a strong comprehension of incident response plans and coordination of activities, work well with other people and have strong verbal and written communication skills, a sense of diplomacy, ability to anticipate obstacles, and decision-making skills to handle the fast-paced world of incident management. Foundational skills in incident response, incident management, chain of custody, forensics, event analysis, and hands on cyber security skills are essential.
- Coordinate response efforts to cyber incidents caused by external threats that may involve nontraditional working hours
- Serve as a liaison to different businesses and interface with fellow team members and colleagues on other security teams. As-needed, manage relationships with business partners, management, vendors, and external parties
- Drive integration with other corporate incident management programs to ensure consistency and alignment with peer support teams within IT.
- Lead small to medium sized projects as directed by leadership
- Be a champion for process and documentation. Develop and document processes to ensure consistent and scalable response operations and ensure continuous improvement to the company s incident response plan
- As requested, develop and deliver metrics to leadership
- Create ready-to-go draft communications and ensure timely reports/updates to leadership during and after an event
- Own and manage the teams internal action playbooks and knowledgebase.
- Experience and competency with Incident Management Programs/Solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience applying a risk-based approach to information security and IT assessments
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize duties based on shifting demands
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor s Degree in Information Assurance, Security, Management Information Systems, Risk Management or equivalent work experience acceptable
- Relevant technical and/or security certificates a plus
- 2-3+ years of related cybersecurity architecture, engineering, or SOC work experience
- 5+ years of overall IT related experience
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: active security clearance, confidential, cyber defense, petty officer, secret clearance, security clearance, sensor, top secret with sci, ts sci clearance, ts sci required