Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) Deloitte Entity Search & Compliance (DESC) Senior Manager
\\n \\n As part of the Independence and Conflicts Network, you will help the Deloitte US Firms remain independent unbiased and free from conflicts of interest when providing services to clients. Independence requirements are defined by specific sets of policies, external rules, and regulations, so maintaining both the independence of the Deloitte US Firms and personal independence is critical to the business and reputation of Deloitte. \\n \\n \\n
Work you'll do
\\n Senior managers in our group have a challenging opportunity for high visibility and frequent consultation with senior technical partners, engagement partners, and firm leaders in addressing independence-related issues. As a senior manager, you will oversee the team responsible for our centralized system for monitoring independence from attest clients. You will also be an active participant in handling the timely update and completion of independence checks, processes, and systems. In addition, you will lead consultations with engagement teams to evaluate and apply independence policy. \\n \\n Day-to-day activities include: \\n \\n
- \\n Working closely with partners and engagement team members on policy consultations and business requirements involving the independence systems. \\n
- \\n Implementing requirements through the development of training materials, process definitions, systems/tools, and documentation. \\n
- \\n Leading and taking responsibility for managers and staff undertaking independence processes and assigned projects (including setting goals/expectations, determining resource needs, and participating in hiring and mentoring managers and staff). \\n
- \\n Overseeing the periodic review and update of risk and independence data and processes (including process improvement). \\n
- \\n Participating in policy-setting meetings aimed at developing guidance to address emerging issues. \\n
- \\n Drafting internal correspondence to increase awareness of the auditor independence standards/rules of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). \\n
- \\n Working within a changing regulatory environment, maintaining deep expertise, and understanding the effect of current and proposed legislative and regulatory additions/changes on Deloitte. \\n
\\n As part of Risk & Regulatory Affairs, the Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) DESC team performs a critical quality and risk-management function for the Deloitte US Entities.
- \\n A bachelor's degree or equivalent \\n
- \\n 8+ years of relevant work experience \\n
- \\n Strong written and verbal communication skills \\n
- \\n Strong analytical, technical, and organizational skills with an emphasis on detail \\n
- \\n A demonstrated ability to lead and develop team members amidst multiple projects \\n
- \\n Dedication to professional growth and a willingness to develop new skills \\n
- \\n Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint \\n \\n
- \\n Public accounting or financial services experience \\n
- \\n Project management, data management, or business analysis experience \\n \\n
How you'll grow
\\n At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. \\n
\\n At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. \\n
\\n Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. \\n
\\n Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. \\n
\\n We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, Deloitte means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E19NATSSRMPE035-CL6