Are you looking for a job that allows you to have a meaningful impact on the Development Teams and enable delivery of secure applications at a faster pace? If so, this job is for you! The Enterprise Security and Fraud department within Vanguard is looking for a Full Stack Technical Lead that is passionate about Security, Automation and DevOps. This role will be part of the DevSecOps practice within Vanguard that is striving to shift security testing to the left. The Technical Lead will provide expert level direction around third party security product evaluation, implementation and integration into the CI/CD Pipeline, Development of APIs to enhance third party solutions and/or build custom solutions, Development of Quality Gates in the CI/CD Pipeline to prevent leakage of security defects, and Dashboards to surface findings from security tools to various stakeholders.. The Technical Lead will help develop and maintain the technical roadmap of the practice as well as to mentor junior team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Works closely with the DevOps teams to integrate artifacts into the CI/CD Pipelines.
- Maintains a good understanding on the latest secure development practices and tools that help increase awareness around secure code practices and turn around when vulnerabilities are found.
- Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Approves the team's technical deliverables. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approves technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevates complex technical issues to IT experts, including architects and vendors. Resolves technical problems discovered by testers and internal clients. Responds to and resolves technical issues in a timely manner. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. Screens resumes of team members, interviews, makes hiring and assignment recommendations, and writes reviews.
- Maintains a current and working knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff and identifies training needs. As new standards are instituted, ensures their usage by team members. A Technical Lead II should be able to perform as a Developer III.
- Communicates with other technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas.
- Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Participates as a technical consultant at other project meetings. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- For teams without a BSA, performs this staff member's duties, including interviewing business liaisons to diagram process flows and to write functional requirements. In the absence of the project manager, performs this staff member's duties, including coordinating daily systems analysis and development activities.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science / related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Eight plus years on hands development experience on complex systems preferably Java based.
- Experience building REST services.
- In depth experience working with CI/CD tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Jira, BitBucket etc. and implementing custom plugins
- Experience extracting data from third party vendors leveraging APIs and building operational dashboards with tools such as Splunk, Tableu, Grafana, etc.
- Experience and understanding of security is a big plus.
- Experience developing/deploying into the cloud a big plus (AWS)
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Expert knowledge of the following technical lead practices and concepts:
- Full product life cycle
- IT vendor product assessment
- Architecture design
- Wide range of technologies within technical specialty - from state of the art to legacy systems
- Performance and stress testing
- Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
- Technical standards and deliverables
- Migration and integration
- Estimating, including design, development/purchase, and installation
- For development only: Production acceptance (including elevations), data modeling, data sharing, reusable components, and related advanced development practices
- Expert knowledge of one or more IT platforms.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, preferred.
1. Works on multiple, medium size projects or one large project with timelines of 6 - 15 months
2. Works on dissimilar technologies (e.g., applications), for multiple platforms and business areas, for critical systems with the largest numbers of interfaces and users
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Associated topics: associate director, chief investment officer, director finance, finance director, general operational manager, general operations manager, organizational culture, president, president finance, supply