DepartmentISD Information Security
1.0Shift Start Time
VariableShift End Time
VariableDirector, Information Security Operations Sharp System Services Summary:Direct the work to (1) defend Sharp Healthcare s data and computing assets against cyber-attack and insider threat, (2) efficiently and effectively respond to incidents as they occur, (3) ensure compliance with relevant regulations and company policies, and (4) provide leadership to a team of cyber security experts as well as to various other parts of the organization.Reports to: Vice President IT Risk Management/Chief ISOKey Responsibilities:
- Architect and implement the organization s cyber defense strategy.
- Assess security capabilities of company technology.
- Manage and report security incidents.
- Monitor and report on security operational performance. Take action.
- Be a leader.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in information systems.
- Five (5) years of management experience with direct responsibility for Information Security technologies.
- Experience in developing and administering an information security operations team and risk management program.
- Operational knowledge of: Information security technologies, markets and vendors including firewall, intrusion detection, assessment tools, encryption, certificate authority, web, and application development,
- Information systems industry and best practices in network, application and hardware platform security, audit and assessment methodologies, procedures and best practices that relate to information networks, systems, and applications.
- Application security, database technologies used to store enterprise information.
- Identity and access management, security program policies, processes, standards, requirements and procedures and various supporting security technologies.
- Previous experience in health care is desirable.
- Bachelor s degree required.
- Master s Degree in Information Security or Information Technology other related field preferred.
- IT Security Certification (e.g. CISSP, GIAC or similar) strongly preferred.
About Sharp HealthCare ~Sharp HealthCare is a not-for-profit integrated regional health care delivery system based in San Diego, California. Sharp includes four acute care hospitals, three specialty hospitals, two affiliated medical groups, a health plan, plus a full spectrum of other facilities and services. Serving a population of approximately 3 million in San Diego County, Sharp has more than 18,000 employees and 3,000 affiliated physicians on medical staffs, and operates 1,850 beds. The Sharp Experience is our unique, system wide commitment to transforming the health care experience in San Diego by becoming the best place to work, practice medicine and receive care.Sharp HealthCare Awards and RecognitionsSharp HealthCare BenefitsSince 2001, our team has been on an exciting journey to transform the health care experience. We are passionate about providing health care the way it should be. With exceptional skill. With advanced technology. And especially, with kindness and empathy toward our patients and their loved ones. It is going beyond caring for people to caring about people. This is the extraordinary level of care we call The Sharp Experience. Encouraging everyone to find their passion and purpose is at the heart of The Sharp Experience. We are focused on providing an innovative and caring environment where employees are valued for the role they play in helping Sharp achieve its vision to be the best place to work, practice medicine and receive care. Become a part of our team and find out what it means to do what you love.Director, Information Security Operations Sharp System ServicesSkills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively direct a diverse staff of professionals.
- Work effectively with physicians, all levels of management and staff, auditors and investigators, consultants and vendors.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and accurately, verbally and in writing.
- Exercise good leadership skills; to achieve organizational results with and through people.
- Possesses strong skills in implementing and supporting information technologies and tools.
- Experience in information technology risk management.
- Analytical and critical thinking; problem solving; prioritizing risks based on impact to the business and likelihood of occurrence; balancing strategic, tactical and technical requirements; program or project management.
Associated topics: cybersecurity, identity, information security, information technology security, protect, security analyst, security officer, threat, violation, vulnerability