Do you have a passion for connecting with people and doing the detective work to find great talent? If so, we would love to hear from you! We are seeking a full-time Employment Specialist to provide strategic sourcing and pipeline building for a wide variety of positions. The Employment Specialist will focus on generating candidate volume through resume review, sourcing and phone screening.
- Advise and instruct all levels of management on employment policies, procedures and legal concerns.
- Choose the most qualified candidates to refer to departments based upon documented objective criteria consistent with the legal requirements, job description, qualifications, and business unit policies in a timely manner.
- Comply, analyze and prepare reports on the computer and works on special projects as requested.
- Conduct employment screening interviews for internal and external applicants, of all levels and types of positions, including management.
- Ensure that thorough testing; reference checks and physicals have been completed prior to candidates starting employment.
- Facilitate job posting system. Confirm job requirements on recruitment request form with those on the approved job description to assure correct requirements are posted.
- Formulate cost conscious employment advertisements for client departments for publications. Evaluate responses and recommends revisions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information received within the guidelines of professional recruitment in compliance with federal, state, and local laws. Represent UPMC at external and internal functions (i.e., job fairs, UPMC HS sponsored events, etc.), provide the public with information about UPMC and career opportunities.
- Review and evaluate candidate applications and/or resume in terms of related experience, education and skill rejecting those not meeting the minimum qualifications on the approved job description.
- Serve as the primary employment consultant for designated departments
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required
- One year of employment interviewing or related human resources experience required OR completion of the UPMC Summer Associates/Pittsburgh Fellows program required
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Experience with applicant tracking or HRIS systems is preferred
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $18.24 to $30.32
Union Position: No
Associated topics: consultant, headhunter, interview, recruit, recruiter, sourcer, sourcing support, specialist, staffing coordinator, talent acquisition