Snap Finance is dedicated to empower ALICE with financial access that's invitingly simple and easy. With the use of Data Science and Analytics we want to be the company to assist ALICE and her financial needs, while being Flexible, Fast and Friendly. Snap Finance strives to be the White Hat and we lead our industry by example, as we're empathetic and equitable, and want to earn ALICE's trust everyday.
Our employees are Modern Day Shopkeepers that blend traditional steadfast commitment to service and top results with speed and energy of today. We take ownership and accountability for success, and want individuals to help support that goal.
As the Manager of Fraud and Risk, you will be responsible for leading our fraud taskforce team in collaboration with leadership amongst multiple departments. Your primary focus will be Merchant Partner and Customer fraud and related risk. You will also oversee teams in identificatying fraud trends, underwriting new Merchant Partners, and provide recommendations to our analytics team.. In addition, you will establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives and standard operating procedures (SOP) to improve efficiency of fraud risk assessment. You are expected to employ new tools and processes as appropriate, have a strong ability to collaborate broadly, and leading the task force to drive resolutions and improvements.
You will accomplish these goals by:
- Analyzing application data, providing analysis of trends and establishing rules for risk/reward balance in real time customer and transactional data.
- Developing a strategic road map for fraud management considering data sources, products, vendors, programming tools, and constantly working on improvement/efficiency.
- Developing relationships and culture of fraud awareness across the leadership team in multiple departments; ensure effective risk and compliance practices with efficient standards and processes.
- Identifying fraudulent behavioral patterns and assess risk with underwriting vulnerabilities; Establish protocol with merchant underwriting operations
- Working closely with Data Science, Merchant Services, Compliance Office and Tech Infrastructure teams to prioritize and push forward projects that will enhance the attribute set and data sources available for fraud decisioning.
- Building and monitoring a strategy that balances fraud mitigation with revenue goals.
- Continually educate and give insight to leadership and team members on best practices for fraud prevention/detection training.
- Reporting to management/executive team regarding fraud losses, trends, vulnerabilities and provide recommendations and counter-strategy.
- Building, developing, coaching, mentoring, and supervising a team of fraud, dispute and underwriting specialists.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years Fraud experience preferred, 3+ years minimum
- 3+ years management experience, including direct supervision of teams
- Experience in consumer fraud investigation; preferred experience with finance
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Experience with SQL programming and database access strongly recommended
- Highly adept in analyzing data and identifying trends
- Possess good business mind to balance risk/reward equation and maximize ROI.
- Great leadership capabilities, with a dedication in coaching and developing a team/department
- Project management rigor capabilities to manage projects, processes and drive improvements
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with all levels of management and staff
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to adapt with a bias for action
- Strong desire to learn, develop new skills, and tackle new challenges
The following are benefits that may be included with employment after 60 days:
-Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
-Paid time off (PTO)
-Company sponsored events
-Employee referral bonus program
- All-Around Awesome Company Culture
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Associated topics: analysis, analyst, asa, audit, benefits, corporate, fss, lead, senior actuary, svp