Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, evaluate, draft and negotiate various types of sales related documents (i.e., Purchase Orders, RFQs, RFPs, NDAs etc.) for compliance with corporate and divisional policies and procedures
- Familiar with GSA strategy, responsible for management of GSA material offerings (new products, retired products, promotional bundles), implementing processes to ensure compliance, price management (reductions, increases, floor price), IFF reporting process and contract administration.
- Skilled in master data management to include an understanding of databases such as SFDC, CPQ, SAP, Winshuttle and GSAdvantage.
- Administration of government-public contracts at the federal, state and local levels. Including review / approval process for entering into new contracts, contract negotiation, reporting, fee payment and compliance.
- Possess a working knowledge of the legal, financial, regulatory and business risk in sales order, contract and subcontract terms and conditions and must be able to communicate these exposures effectively and efficiently to company decision makers, when necessary.
- Should understand the basics of commercial sales such as pricing, delivery, warranty and payment terms, as well as legal terms with regard to liability issues, including indemnification, insurance and limitation of liability.
- Apply risk profile/assessment matrix across product families using corporate guidelines and escalate agreements as required.
- Resolve and finalize agreement terms directly with customer personnel and attorneys.
- Understanding of revenue recognition, contracts/production holds and book and ship activities.
- Works with product line teams and import/export teams to ensure compliance with trade agreement requirements such as COO.
- Must be familiar with review and how to respond to applicable topics in a request for quotation (RFQ), request for proposal (RFP) and the like.
- Must be able to propose alternative contract terms acceptable to the company when customer and company terms and conditions differ.
- Interface with various groups like sales, order management, legal, finance, etc. and across the entire Thermo Fisher Scientific organization
- Maintain centralized contract files and a centralized database of reviewed and negotiated agreements and bids.
- Review complete package of bid documents to determine what terms need approval and distribute to and work with functional owners to accept or negotiate alternate terms as required by the business
- Support Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodology and participate in initiatives as required
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Bachelor s degree in business or legal related field
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years experience in government contracting and contracts negotiation
- Good judgment in balancing business and commercial needs and potential risks/exposures with customer requests.
- Experience in Life & Laboratory Sciences and / or Healthcare industries desired
- Detail oriented with a high degree of integrity, intensity and involvement
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight schedules and under pressure, both independently and as part of a team. Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative / integrative style of working to reach common goals and objectives
- Must be flexible and receptive to change in the workplace
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and familiar with SAP
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Associated topics: criminology, court, judicial, judiciary, jurisdiction, lawyer, legal, legal assistant, legal secretary, pretrial