General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Government Regulatory Compliance Specialist within our Financial Controls team in Poway, Ca. This position reports to a Director of Government Accounting and is responsible for the planning, managing and performance of government accounting and compliance. A successful team member must be adaptable and flexible to constant changing business requirements in both a technical and non-technical environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages company compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Parts 30, 31, and 32, as well as contractual terms and conditions.
- Supports annual proposal to establish final billing rates ( incurred cost submission ), including performance of internal transaction reviews of discretionary accounts.
- Liaises with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA). Prepares responses to DCAA and DCMA inquiries and reports.
- Evaluates accounting entries for compliance with statute and regulation. Interacts with management, analyzes and plans accounting treatments while considering the overall company objectives.
- Considers and makes recommendations about existing and future accounting practices, changes and associated cost impacts.
- Provides accounting, financial analysis, cost accounting and/or budgeting support for assigned business unit(s) or program(s)/project(s).
- Manages the preparation of various accounting/financial reports and analyses to assist with monitoring of financial performance.
- Participates in the development and modification of accounting/financial policies, procedures, and practices to ensure the accounting/finance and cost control activities are successfully implemented and meet overall business objectives and required regulatory standards.
- Develops supportable company positions for the proper accounting and/or estimating practices in compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Provides guidance on issues of compliance with government rules, regulation and oversight
- Identifies financial issues, recommends solutions and manages corrective action to any financial inconsistencies May review contracts and proposals, ensuring that proposal pricing is correct, that required financial data is auditable and presented in accordance with proposal requirements, are in accordance with company disclosed accounting practices and cash flow have been analyzed and approved.
- Ensures business excellence is maintained by participating in the planning, selection, retention, and development of required professional talent within the department.
- Participates with management in the development and implementation of annual and long-term financial and strategic business objectives for the company.
- May act as primary contact with managers and customers concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarifications. May conduct briefings and financial updates for internal and external representatives.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Managers a number of staff and maintain high levels of productivity.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Associated topics: county clerk, crime, defense attorney, hearing, imprisonment, jurisdiction, lawyer, legal, legislative, public defender