Marriott International is the worlds largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?JOB SUMMARY
Proactively manages security events and activities to reduce the impact ofsecurity incidents and system compromises. The successful candidate willprovide security monitoring, threat analysis, trend analysis, troubleshootingof security device monitoring and incident investigation using infrastructureand applications logs from across the enterprise. Key member of the IncidentResponse Team.
2+ years of demonstrated experience in system, network and/or applicationsecurity
Expert knowledge with Microsoft Windows Servers/Desktops
Experience with Unix and Linux administration
Working knowledge of Cisco Routers
Solid internetworking troubleshooting skills
Firm understanding of TCP IP, Firewalls, Enterprise- wide Antivirusmanagement, HIDS/NIDS
High School Diploma
Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certifications.
Industry Security Certification (ie CISSP, CISA, Ethical Hacker, CompTIASecurity +)
Excellent problem management skillsLeadership
Excellent time management skills
Excellent communication skills both written and oral
Excellent teamwork skills
Strong sense of ownership and drive
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES:
Accurate and rapid response to security events
Analyze, correlate and respond to Security Reports and Feeds
Analyze, correlate and respond to Security Alerts and Alarms
Deployment and troubleshooting of host-based intrusion detection system(HIDS) and network intrusion detection system (NIDS)
Manage security events using ITIL incident management
Assist with rapid malware responses and phishing responses
Advise and consult with internal customers on risk assessment, threatmodeling, and vulnerability management
Interpret and apply security policies and procedures
Participate in incident response
Identify security issues and risks and then develop mitigation plans
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
Develop proactive security awareness campaigns
Provide analysis and trending of security log data from various securitydevices
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry, includingawareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes,and the development of new attacks and threat vectors
Provide information security reporting, including security metrics asrequired
Recommend solutions to mitigate risk in any activity that potentially impactssecurity of existing IT and information management
- Communication- Conveys information and ideas to others in aconvincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values- Keeps the organization's vision and valuesat the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change- Initiates and/or manages the changeprocess and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriersor accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change bymaintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencingchallenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making- Identifies and understands issues, problems,and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources todraw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solvesproblems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidenceand command respect from others; makes a good first impression and representsthe company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development- Develops business plans by exploring andsystematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential forproducing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution ofbusiness plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluationprocesses.
- Building a Successful Team- Uses an effective interpersonal style tobuild a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement byfocusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- StrategyExecutionEnsures successful execution across of businessplans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and marketshare through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluationprocesses.
- Driving for Results- Sets high standards of performance for selfand/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses,and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals;proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships- Develops and sustains relationships based onan understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with thecompanys service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supportsemployees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations,and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation,engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given theopportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships- Develops collaborative relationships withfellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated,and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in andoutside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continentalshared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales&Marketing,Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effectiveexternal relations with government, business and industry in respectivecountries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines,and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategiesare understood and executed.
Generating Talent and OrganizationalCapability
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Developing Others- Supports the development of others skillsand capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/roleresponsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignmentsand work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizationalunit.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Continuous Learning- Actively identifies new areas for learning;regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newlygained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen- Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specificfunctional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generateinnovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- TechnicalIntelligence:Knowledge andability to define and apply appropriate technology to enhance business process
- DevelopmentMethodologies:Knowledgeof general stages of SDLC framework and the application tiers within thedevelopment space.
- InformationSecurity:Knowledgeof the security considerations relevant within the development space, includingindustry best practices related to information security
- Business Acumen- Understands and utilizes business informationto manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approachbusiness and administrative challenges.
- Basic Competencies- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills- Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, wordprocessing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, ordivide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-relatedissues.
- Oral Comprehension- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presentedthrough spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension-Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing- Communicating effectivelyin writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Associated topics: attack, forensic, idm, leak, phish, protect, security, security analyst, security officer, threat