Leidos has an opening for an Information Security Analyst in Fairfax, VA. This position is in support of a Federal law enforcement agency. This position will be a technical, hands-on position. Ability to work in a professional environment, have problem solving and organization skills is required, as are having good verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with co-workers and the customer. Typical responsibility will be to assess software and hardware vulnerabilities and mitigation efforts, including technical refreshes, modernization, and re-engineering projects.
The ideal candidate will have a diverse set of skills will be required to resolve a complex and wide ranging set of problems, and be responsible for:
- Use IA expertise to provide recommendations to address gaps in compliance and work with to bring systems into compliance.
- Generating compliance assessment reports for the customer based on compliance data and scanning results gathered from existing tools.
- Awareness of vulnerabilities and newest patches, and verifying that the agency has applied appropriate patches, STIGs, and control mechanisms as per directives.
Secondarily, the candidate will provide support in the following areas:
- Development and track POA&Ms and work with engineering team to remediate and test related security controls.
- Recommend best business practices and secure methodologies to maintain and/or improve security posture of Information Systems, the network, and remedy deficiencies.
- Resolve vulnerability compliance, assessing vulnerabilities due to evolving technologies, and security engineering services with recommendations throughout project lifecycles.
- Update Documentation including Configuration Management Plans, Incident Response Plans, Security Operating Procedures, Vulnerability Management, Contingency Plan, System Security Plans
Typical Education&Experience: BS degree and 8 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree. Required Skills: Security Authorizations (ATT, ATO):Able to perform end-to-end Security Control Assessments, in-depth experience with NIST 800-53 and NIST 800-37 rev1 Vulnerability and Patch Management:Experienced in Asset Management, Vulnerability Scanning (Tenable Nessus, Hailstorm, AppDetective), Vulnerability Remediation (BigFix, SCCM), Secure Configurations support (i.e. DISA STIGS), and Security Advisory notifications Incident Response: Familiar with analysis of affected machines, reporting, containment and eradication support Desired Skills: Security Tools: Working skills in Splunk/Arcsight (reporting and analysis), ELMS CSAM (Security Assessment Repository); or equivalent tools. Security Engineering:Familiar with creating security diagram overlays and updates, determine security requirement, security mitigation implementation, perform Security liaison and advisory to internal and external parties Account Management:Familiar with account request review and approvals, account provisioning and deprovisioning, periodic account review and clean
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the worlds toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The companys 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems&Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The companys diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: attack, forensic, identity, malicious, phish, security, security officer, threat, violation, vulnerability