Information Security AnalystOverview
Advanced ICU Care (www.advancedicucare.com), a rapidly-growing telemedicine company, is actively seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team as Information Security Analyst I.
The Information Security Analyst I is responsible for monitoring and analyzing Advanced ICU Care s information security environment and escalating suspected security incidents for proper incident handling.
- Develop and maintain proficiency in basic Information Security practices and to assist the Information Security and Privacy Officer in providing security and privacy services at Advanced ICU Care. These practices include, but are not limited to the following:
- Access Controls; Network Mapping; Authentication systems; Password Management; Cryptographic safeguards and DNS protection.
- Firewall configuration, management and monitoring; Security and IT Incident Handling;
- Intrusion Prevention Systems monitoring and response; IPS Systems; Linux systems configuration, operation and security
- Mitnick-Shimomura attack recognition; Network Addressing and routing; Network Mapping and Scanning; Public Key Infrastructure
- Reading Packets; Securing Windows and Linus Server Services; Steganography; Virtual Private Network configuration, operation and monitoring
- Virus and Malicious Code detection and prevention; Vulnerability scanning and management; Web Application Security; Windows and Linux system Auditing
- Windows and Linux Automation and scripting; Windows Active Directory Security; Windows and Linux Permissions & User Rights; Windows Security Templates & Group Policy
- Works under general direction from the Information Security and Privacy Officer to ensure that IT systems at Advanced ICU Care are secure and are operated in compliance with HIPAA /HITECH regulation
- Monitors Intrusion Prevention systems and other security systems for indications of attempts to compromise security. Escalates suspected or identified security incidents to the Information Security and Privacy Officer.
- Monitors HIPAA/HITECH compliance tracking systems for indications of compliance failures. Escalates suspected or identified compliance incidents to the Information Security and Privacy Officer.
- Monitors Antivirus, Antispam and Antimalware systems for indications of virus or malware infection. Escalates suspected or identified outbreaks to the Information Security and Privacy Officer.
- Works with the Security Administrator to ensure that clinical passwords are handled in a manner compliant with Advanced ICU Care policy and HIPAA/HITECH regulation.
- Plays an advisory role in IT projects to ensure that security controls are implemented as planned.
- Develops security processes, procedures and related service-level agreements (SLAs) to ensure that security controls are managed and maintained.
- Implements security configuration and operating standards for security systems and applications, including network security appliances and host-based security systems.
- Assists with the resolution of vulnerability assessment findings
- Assists the Information Security and Privacy Officer in the resolution of reported or observed cyber-security incidents.
- Supports IT team members in the resolution of potential security issues.
- Performs other tasks as directed by the Information Security and Privacy Officer.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, to analyze technical security events and respond appropriately.
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux Operations Systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of hacking fundamentals: Foot-printing Opportunity Analysis, Exploitations, Escalations, Evasion, Maintaining control, Rootkits
- Bachelor s degree or degree-in progress in information systems, or equivalent work experience.
- One or more of the following certifications are required: CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+. CompTIA A+ or SANS GISF.
- Ability to obtain/maintain SANS GSEC certification (specifically) within your first year of employment at a Security Analyst
- Ability to obtain / maintain Certified Ethical Hacker (C/EH) certification within your second year of employment as a Security Analyst.
- Strong technical knowledge of the fundamentals of Information Security practices
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions without the need for frequent redirection
- Demonstrated aptitude for Information Security during a highly technical interview with the Information Security and Privacy Officer
Advanced ICU Care fuses a friendly and collegial work environment with high performance standards. Our compensation plans include base salary, annual bonus opportunity and competitive benefit programs.
Advanced ICU Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Associated topics: attack, cybersecurity, iam, idm, information assurance, leak, malicious, threat, violation, vulnerability