At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This position will be responsible for building and supporting endpoint security solutions for Distributed Systems. This senior key contributor will be responsible for driving security standards and risk assessments across all of these engineering disciplines. Deliver all services consistent with internal support objectives and customer Service Level Agreements.
This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership for the design, planning, testing and implementation of security projects and solutions. The selected candidate will also be responsible for line of business and cross-functional team partnerships, and provide support of client-side agent software and end user troubleshooting.
The ideal candidate will have experience dealing with large scale enterprise and multi-site geographically load balanced solutions. In addition to a positive customer service attitude, this position is expected to perform system configuration management and troubleshooting within a complex network environment. This position defines system software and or hardware requirements and determines system specifications and customizations. Designs and documents tasks required for installation, configuration, upgrades and testing. Writes documentation for departmental procedures, product guides and release notes.
The candidate will lead system integration with multiple partner teams. This position will also be responsible for audit preparation and compliance, support coordination, emergency support, business continuity, capacity management and change control procedures including related documentation for each item.
A successful candidate will also possess the following:
- In-depth experience with MS Windows 10 and Windows 2016 Operating systems and previous versions.
- Experience building innovative, high quality software solutions that are secure, scalable, and reliable.
- Full software development lifecycle experience (SDLC) including requirements gathering, technical design, implementation, testing, rollout and maintenance.
- Advanced Information Security technical skills and understanding of info sec practices and policies.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to grasp new technologies quickly
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities
- Able to perform in-depth systems analysis, recognize problems and underlying patterns and relationships
- Skilled leading group discussions comprised of multiple teams, in order to reach a consensus of opinion, documenting the discussion as a meeting artifact, tracking action items and prioritizing work.
- Experience acting as a liaison between internal partners and technical organization by planning, conducting and completing an analysis of moderately complex business problems with be solved with automated systems.
- Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these into technical solutions.
- An analytical thinker capable of designing technical solution and implantation plans.
- An assertive engineer motivated to implement complex technical solutions
- Knowledge of formal infrastructure engineering disciplines, hands-on experience with managing server and or appliance infrastructure, and all phases of engineering lifecycles.
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions.
- Willingness to be part of a 24x7 on-call support rotation.
- 7+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 10+ years of information technology experience
- 10+ years of experience engineering solutions for MS Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems
- 5+ years of experience supporting PCs in an Active Directory environment, including knowledge of Group Policies, Organization Units, logon scripts, and cross domain/cross forest impacts
- 3+ years of experience with the design and support of Endpoint software deployments in a large enterprise environment
- 3+ years of experience deploying applications and patches using SCCM in an enterprise environment
- 1+ year of Puppet experience
- 5+ years of experience with anti-virus security solutions, anti-malware security solutions or a combination of both
- 1 + year of cloud computing experience
- 5+ years of process definition and documentation experience
- 3+ years of systems vulnerability management experience
- 2+ years of experience creating pivot tables and performing data analysis in Excel
- 3+ years of experience with server virtualization technology including: VMware, LPAR, and LDOM
- 1+ years of technical experience supporting and troubleshooting Macintosh computers
- Advanced Information Security technical skills and understanding of information security practices and policies
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- Ability to work on call as assigned
- Flexibility to frequently be on call beyond normal working hours
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: cybersecurity, iam, idm, information security, leak, malicious, protect, security, security engineer, threat