Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Information Security Engineer I for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Conducts software and systems engineering to develop new capabilities, ensuring cybersecurity is fully integrated across the enterprise. Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in cyberspace systems. Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains hardware and software, and administers system accounts.
- Researches the information security capabilities of specific Information Security (e.g. encryption) and IT technologies (e.g. operating systems, networks). Develops and maintains knowledge of the USAA implementations of these technologies.
- Creates, publishes, and maintains Information Security baselines for specific technologies (e.g. operating systems, databases).
- Administrates the hardware and software of the Information Security solutions and technologies (e.g. firewalls, intrusion prevention (IPS), web application firewalls (WAF), web proxies).
- Troubleshoots systems and networking problems. Performs investigative research, analysis and troubleshooting on complex security issues.
- Performs tuning and enhancing of InfoSec solutions and technologies recommended by senior team members.
- Writes code/scripts/automation recommended by senior team members.
- Develops basic new cybersecurity tools recommended by senior team members.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature.
- Bachelor s Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4+ years of related experience in Information Security and/or Information Technology to include accountability for moderately complex tasks and/or projects.
- Proficient knowledge of function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products.
- Proficient level of business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Intermediate understanding of networking
- Advanced troubleshooting skills (Packet capture/analysis skills)
- Experience in administration of a major technology product (server, complex application, etc.)
- Programming and/or scripting experience (Python or PowerShell preferred)
- Experience with Cisco Security Technologies (ACS, ISE, etc.)
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience with VMware NSX
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/29/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: attack, identity access management, iam, idm, information technology security, leak, malicious, phish, protect, security analyst