Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Information Security Engineer II for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Conducts software and systems engineering to develop new capabilities, ensuring cybersecurity is fully integrated across the enterprise. Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in cyberspace systems. Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains hardware and software, and administers system accounts.
- Develops expertise in the USAA implementations of specific Information Security (e.g. encryption) and IT technologies (e.g. operating systems, networks).
- Researches industry hardening guides. Assists with creation of Information Security baselines for specific technologies (e.g. operating systems, databases).
- Performs intermediate administrative functions for the hardware and software of the Information Security solutions and technologies (e.g. firewalls, intrusion prevention (IPS), web application firewalls (WAF), web proxies).
- Troubleshoots system problems. Performs basic analysis on security issues.
- Performs tuning and enhancing of InfoSec solutions and technologies under the direction of senior team members.
- Writes code/scripts/automation under the direction of senior team members.
- Reviews other team members' basic new cybersecurity tools.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Bachelor s Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of related experience in Information Security and/or Information Technology to include accountability for moderately complex tasks and/or projects.
- Developing knowledge of function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products.
- Developing level of business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- At least 4 years experience in cyber security as a practitioner, with at least 2+ years working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Plaform (GCP), or VMware.
- Experienced in cloud networking architecture and cloud operations, with cloud security hardening, security assessment and monitoring experience preferred.
- Familiarity with tools such as Git, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Familiarity with security solutions such as Redlock and Turbot, Conjure and HashiCorp, as well as tools such as Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Experience investigating, capturing, and analyzing events related to cyber incidents
- Experience administering anti-virus, web proxy, email security, and Cloud Access Security Broker technology
- Experience in system administration applied to planning and researching and developing security policies, standards, and procedures across multiple platforms and applications
- Experience applying security principles, methodologies, and controls to new and emerging technology
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 11/11/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: attack, cybersecurity, forensic, identity access management, idm, information security, malicious, security analyst, security engineer, violation