Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Information Security Engineer Senior Multi-Factor Authentication for our San Antonio, TX facility.
USAA is looking for an experienced Information Security Engineer Senior for the Identity and Access Management (IAM) team. This position will be focused on Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and Enterprise Single Sign On (ESSO, SSO) for the USAA workforce.
Conducts software and systems engineering to develop new capabilities, ensuring cybersecurity is fully integrated across the enterprise. Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in cyberspace systems. Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains hardware and software, and administers system accounts.
- Researches and analyzes the latest information security capabilities of specific Information Security (e.g. encryption) and IT technologies (e.g. operating systems, networks). Develops and maintains expertise in the USAA implementations of these technologies.
- Creates, publishes, maintains, and interprets Information Security baselines for specific technologies (e.g. operating systems, databases). Socializes Security baselines with stakeholders.
- Administrates the hardware and software of the Information Security solutions and technologies (e.g. firewalls, intrusion prevention (IPS), web application firewalls (WAF), web proxies). Participates in Vendor roadmap sessions.
- Troubleshoots complex systems and networking problems. Performs investigative research, analysis and troubleshooting to identify, resolve, and report complex security issues. Assists in the evaluation and monitoring of system or tool performance.
- Works with Security Analysts to tune and enhance Information Security solutions and technologies to keep up with the latest threats.
- Writes code/scripts/automation to detect or prevent new threats that do not have commercial solutions available yet or to automate Information Security processes to increase efficiencies.
- Designs and develops new tools/technologies as related to cybersecurity.
- Provides insight on issues and serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility.
- Bachelor s Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6+ years of related experience in Information Security and/or Information Technology to include accountability for complex tasks and/or projects.
- Advanced knowledge of function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products.
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends.
- Administration of a major technology product (server, complex application, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of networking.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills. (Packet analyzer a plus)
- Programming or scripting experience (Python or PowerShell preferred).
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience with Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) technology
- Knowledge of Enterprise Single Sign On (ESSO, SSO)
- Understanding of User Interface & User Experience (UI/UX) for both desktop and mobile platforms
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service, support and training for ongoing operational functions
- Demonstrate understanding of Risk Management/Risk Treatment
- Experience with Rapid Identity (2FA) technologies
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 12/11/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: attack, forensic, identity, identity access management, information assurance, information technology security, security, security officer, violation, vulnerability