Information Systems Security Officer
POSITION OVERVIEW :
This is an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) position . The individual assigned to this position will have various responsibilities that relate to the protection of classified and Critical Unclassified Information (CUI) and other security interests which may include: special nuclear material; and various types of proprietary information.
Provides support for a program, organization, system, or enclave's information assurance program. Provides support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies. Maintains operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed. Assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system. Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information. Performs vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation. Provides configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware. Manages changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes. Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs).
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Supports security authorization activities in compliance with the Risk Management Framework process.
- Provide support to senior ISSOs for implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Assist with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation
- Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, network switches, etc. to include system upgrades
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
- Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
- Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with ICD 503 and DoD policies
- Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation
- Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-to- day security ope
- rations of the system
- Develop system security policy and ensures compliance
- Administer the user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS)
- Plan and coordinate the IT security programs and policies
- Manage and control changes to the system and assessing the security impact of those changes
- Obtain C&A for ISs under their purview
- Interact with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers
- Must have experience and in depth knowledge with Industrial Standards, a minimum of 5+ years of related work related experience. A minimum certification of Security + but CISSP, CAP, CISA, CEH, CISM, etc. desired
- Must have working knowledge of Windows operating systems (Win7, 2008) and Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required due to government or federal requirement.
- U.S. citizens ONLY due to government or federal requirement.
- Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
- TS/SCI with Full-Scope NSA Polygraph
Associated topics: alarm, canine detection, casino, loss control, loss prevention, public safety officer, school, secure, tsa, unarmed