Intellectual Property Paralegal Job in Portland, OR
Do you want to take your Patent expertise to the next level? If so, this might
be an ideal opportunity for you. Our internationally recognized client is
looking for a high-level Patent Prosecution Paralegal to join their dynamic
team in Seattle, WA. You are an ideal candidate if you have a Bachelors
degree in a related field, five years of recent Patent Prosecution experience
as a Paralegal, and strong detail orientation skills. As the IP Paralegal, you
will be providing essential and specialized client and attorney support
related to prosecution of U.S. and foreign patents, trademarks, and
copyrights. This is an amazing opportunity to join a well-established firm
that has a great reputation in the community and values a positive work
environment. Compensation for this unique opportunity is highly competitive,
so please apply today!
Patent Prosecution Paralegal Job Responsibilities:
* Analyzes and manages all communication from beginning phase of receiving Invention Disclosure Forms or Disclosure of Works Forms through the expiration of patents and trademarks.
* Dockets communication and other project-related elements in the database for tracking activities related to deadlines and due dates.
* Enters new U.S. Provisional, Utility, Design, Continuation, CIP, Divisional, Opposition and re-examination files.
* Communicates with USPTO, clients, attorneys, professional staff, foreign associates and other third parties to assure timely preparation, filing and management of intellectual property documents.
* Assists with prosecution of U.S. and foreign patents and trademarks.
* Extracts relevant information from correspondence and official PTO databases.
* Assists in quality assurance review for patent filings by noting, investigating, and referring any errors or omissions to attorneys.
* Collaborates in an effective and professional manner with attorneys, clients, co-workers and administrators.
* Possesses ability to be a proactive self-starter, who understands the details within a much larger context.
* May travel to client offices and other locations with minimal notice.
* Keeps track of time in specified intervals and turns in time records as instructed.
* Uses excellent verbal, written and communication skills, and is courteous and professional at all times.
* Keeps supervisor abreast of current issues and potential problems as they develop; seeks advice as needed.
* At least five years of Patent Prosecution experience, preferred.
* High school degree, required. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in related field, preferred.
* Paralegal certificate/degree, preferred.
* Knowledge of the PCT process, patent procedural requirements and USPTO practices.
* Strong command of the English language, including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style, the ability to compose correspondence and proofread, and a high level of attention to detail.
* Exceptional attention to detail, and keen organizational skills.
* Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Are you interested in hearing more about this Patent Prosecution Paralegal job
in Seattle, WA? Then click apply below or send your resume to (dot)com. This
position and other great employment opportunities are available on our Special
Counsel website at please check them out!
Associated topics: hoa, immigration law, law firm, legal file clerk, legal secretary, legal secretary i, municipal, patent, patent law, trademark