Responsible for information security policy development and maintenance; design of security policy education, training, and awareness activities; monitoring compliance with security policy and applicable law; and coordinating investigation and reporting of security incidents and intrusion detection. Primarily responsible for monitoring, assessing, and fine-tuning the business continuity and disaster recovery program. Work with System and Network Support team to perform network penetration tests, application vulnerability assessment scans, and risk assessment reviews.
- Monitors information security news for emerging threats and technologies that could have an impact on the security of Paycom's processes, systems, and applications.
- Monitors automated backups to ensure that the processes are within specifications laid out by the disaster recovery plan. Conducts periodic audits to ensure all critical data is being protected
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies, standards, and training procedures based on industry accepted best practices and compliance requirements
- Conducts enterprise-wide security audits and data classification assessments.
- Coordinates and executes I/T security projects
- Configuration and Management of Intrusion Detection
- Configuration and setup of routine network sweeps and alerts.
- Develops and implements procedures for the handling of security incidents. Coordinates with management, legal counsel, law enforcement, and other necessary agencies to manage any such incidents
- Leads collaborative effort with management and the IT Support team to develop and implement a business continuity and disaster recovery plan
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Documents specific duties, activities, problems solved and issues resolved
- Develops benchmarks and sets specific goals for the evolution of the security of Paycom's systems, processes, and applications
- Perform Training
- Actively seeks to expand individual skills through research, training, and collaboration with peers
- Attends meetings and serves on committees, as requested
- Regular attendance as required
Performs additional duties and assignments as requestedQualifications
High School graduate required.
Bachelor Degree Required
2-5 years of IT Security Administration.
- Information security standards
- Industry-specific information security best practices
- Backup and DR configuration
- Configuration of routine network sweeps
- Firewall/VPN Configuration
- Risk identification and analysis techniques
- Data confidentiality regulations and strategies
- Server and desktop operating systems
- Programming and code review processes
Skills and Abilities:
- Evaluate critical systems, prioritize workflow and determine solutions
- Firewall Configuration and Maintenance
- Code Review Assessments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
- Work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
- Work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
- Availability to respond to emergency situations
Associated topics: attack, idm, information assurance, information technology security, phish, security, security engineer, threat, violation, vulnerability