Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,000 retail locations in 44 states, 15 distribution centers and 130,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let s grow together!
Provides lease compliance/administration for all traditional and market stores as it relates to landlord maintenance and compliance. Interprets lease language relating to maintenance responsibilities, use restrictions, compliance with laws, and other landlord/tenant responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews and analyzes maintenance issues received from external call center and interprets store lease to determine appropriate action and communication needed in order to effectively resolve.
- Notifies landlords of appropriate action needed via phone, e-mail, and certified mail using standardized letters.
- Partners with Landlord, Store Operations, and Store Facility Maintenance until issue is resolved by landlord or when necessary Lease Compliance will invoke self-help and recover expense from the landlord per the terms of the lease.
- Negotiates landlord disputes relevant to store maintenance compliance issues. Provides written responses to landlords to cure defaults/alleged defaults.
- Partners with Legal, Lease Renewals, Risk Management, Construction, Store Facility Maintenance, and Construction department by researching and supplying information to help resolve problems.
- Participate in miscellaneous Lease Compliance projects as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make firm decisions in line with departmental directives and lease terms.
- Ability or organize and prioritize effectively in order to accomplish goals.
- Ability to interpret lease language to ensure Dollar General is not in default.
- Strong ability to solve problems.
- Ability to operate Window programs and SLM/REM and Lucernex modules.
- Good negotiating skills
Work Experience &/or Education
College degree in business or related field and at least two to three years of experience in property management, legal, or related field preferred. Four to five years of experience in facilities management, legal, or lease administration may be substituted for degree.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.
Associated topics: assistant manager, assistant store manager, associate manager, general manager, manage, principal, store manager, store supervisor, supervisor, retail management