How you ll make an impact
When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What You Will Do
The Legal Entities Manager will oversee all corporate governance activities for the 150 different entities across our APAC region. In this role, you will work collaboratively with internal stakeholder and external service providers for governance and compliance activity.
- Act as legal entity manager for a portfolio of ~150 APAC entities
- Support business units on general Company Secretarial administrative matters
- Serve as central point of contact between outside service providers and internal stakeholders
- Assist in production of AGM, board & shareholder communications for a specified portfolio of legal entities within APAC
- Prepare, co-ordinate and supervise local regulatory filing submissions, including approvals
- Maintain corporate panel directorship appointments, including preparation of associated documentation & reports
- Work directly with internal staff and external advisors to facilitate subsidiary formations, capital changes, dividend payments, reorganizations, and dissolutions.
- Co-ordination & consultation with business units, legal advisors, auditors, treasury, tax experts, service providers across multiple jurisdictions on matters of corporate governance and other complementary issues in APAC
- Work with a team to transition your entity portfolio from multiple vendors to a central service provider
- Provide assistance with ad-hoc project work
- Broad understanding of regulatory/statutory framework across APAC
- Knowledge of tax, legal and accounting compliance functions
- Management of resources and processes to deliver cost effective services
- Ability to work both independently with little direct management input and within a team
- Organized and efficient working methods
- Consistently deliver high quality work with strong sense of ownership
- Comfortable working closely with outside vendors primarily via phone and email
- Willingness and ability to manage significant paper document flow and on-line records system maintenance
- Strong preference for conversational fluency in an Asian language
- Strong preference for familiarity with Asian culture
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- A positive and collaborative demeanor
- 5-10 years experience managing a portfolio of entities
- Exposure to corporate transactions and rationalization activities
- Experience working within the corporate legal function in a multinational corporation and be used to working with different nationalities and cultures
- Experience working with CSC Entity Management preferred
- Minimal occasional travel required
- Comfortable working in a cubicle/open plan environment
- Dependable, self-starter
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or other related field.
Associated topics: attorney, business, company, compliance office, corporate attorney, counsel, court, legal, legal affairs, legal department