PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Meets with attorneys to analyze case needs and determine appropriate case automation plans.
- Prepares recommendations, budgets and project plans for acquiring and implementing recommended solution
- Defines business and technical requirements and then develop and/or coordinate the development of specialized databases or program
- Implements and/or oversees implementation of agreed upon solutions, providing interim first-level support and then preparing and effecting the successful transfer of support responsibilities to the appropriate internal and/or external
- Manages relations with outside vendors (for such tasks as eDiscovery processing, document coding, imaging, OCR conversion, and custom software development) which includes preparing requests for proposals (RFPs), soliciting and evaluating vendor proposals, overseeing work in progress, reviewing work performed and approving invoices.
- Addresses automation needs of litigation groups by surveying market for new technologies and tools, evaluating alternatives, forming recommendations and assisting in acquiring and implementing new techno
- Assists preparing manuals and instruction materials for training personnel in litigation tools and processes and provides training when appropriate, especially with vendor provided tools.
- Diagnoses and corrects system and network problems related to litigation services tools and serve as a technical liaison to appropriate vendors.
- Works with members of other technology groups at firm to resolve technical problems that may arise.
- Handles multiple projects and priorities under stressful circumstances.
- Operates as a timekeeper in a timekeeping environment.
- Serves as an advisor and/or consultant to attorneys and their clients regarding automation needs.
- Contributes to the firm's ServiceMatters initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Knowledge of the litigation process, law firms, and litigation specific software tools such as DISCO, Recommind, Relativity, CaseMap, Introspect, Concordance, Summation, and image capture and viewing systems (e.g., DocuLex, IPro).
- Computer programming with tools such as Visual Basic, C++, HTML helpful
- Knowledge of SQL, .net, XML, and Concordance CPL helpful
- High familiarity with relational databases such as Microsoft Access, their design and use is
- Must possess the ability to conceptualize and communicate to non-technical audiences the lifecycle of litigation information and data, determine the feasibility of automating matters, and implement recommended
- Must understand various data storage methodologies; effective methods for harvesting information from those sources using evidentially defensible methods; strategies for converting harvested data to reviewable form; various review methodologies and systems, including vendor-hosted ASP solutions; and methods of effective electronic production
- Determining specific application requirements, manage the implementation of these requirements and, when necessary, learn new technologies that meet these requirements.
- This person must be able to handle high stress situations and deal successfully with conflict.
- Possess strong presentation and communication skills in order to interact effectively with firm attorneys and their clients.
- Experienced in the process of automating legal processes and must be able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel in a clear manner.
- Possess strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and willing to take ownership of client requests and his/her team’s success. (S)He must have a strong client-service orientation.
- Local and out of town travel occasionally will be required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or significant relevant experience.
- Minimum two years (2) years experience with legal technologies, including at least (1) in an advisory capacity, preferably in a law firm environment.
- Project leadership experience required.
- Prior litigation support experience at a law firm highly preferred.
Equal Opprtunity Employer/ Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/ Disability