At Buchanan Ingersoll& Rooney PC, working together - to serve clients and to serve each other - is what we're all about. Our Firm has multiple offices in Florida, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania, as well as offices in California, Delaware, North Carolina, Virginia and Washington, D.C.; we are always looking for talented professionals to join our team.
We are currently seeking an experienced Litigation Technology Services Specialist. Position can be located in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia or Washington, DC.
Overview of Position:
Under the supervision of the Practice Technology Services Director and, the direction of a Litigation Technology Services Project Manager, the Specialist is responsible for creating, maintaining and troubleshooting litigation support databases and trial presentation software and hardware.
The Specialist should be well versed in operating litigation technology systems with an emphasis on Relativity, LawPreDiscovery, TrialDirector and the CaseMap suite. He/She must understand key concepts of electronic discovery and the EDRM model, must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and possess the ability to communicate clearly in response to requests for information.
The Specialist is responsible for handling complex projects, implementing quality assurance steps in the processing and production phases and, assisting and guiding firm case teams when they encounter technical obstacles. This Specialist shall also provide case teams with technical support for all phases of the electronic discovery lifecycle including processing, productions and trial support.
The Specialist will assist the Litigation Technology Services Project Manager to provide in-house eDiscovery support by developing recommendations, plans, cost estimates, budgets, procedures, and specifications for case-specific eDiscovery projects. He/She will assist and act as a liaison between a firm’s case teams, eDiscovery vendors, and corporate clients.
The ability to work within scheduling constraints in high pressure situations is critical, as is the ability to handle multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision. Professionals in this role need excellent communication skills and high emotional IQ to be able to interact with all levels of personnel on a case.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience, technology or paralegal focus is preferred. Minimum of four years of experience in a Litigation Support position.
- Minimum of four years direct technical working experience with industry leading litigation support software (e.g. Relativity, Summation, Concordance, IPRO, TextMap, TimeMap, Trial Director, CaseMap, Law PreDiscovery, NUIX and MS Access).
- Knowledge of handling, processing and manipulating large volumes of electronic data for purposes of loading into a litigation support database.
- Familiarity with the litigation process and procedures from initial filing through trial.
- Strong technical skills with operating systems and demonstrated experience with troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Experience processing data through eDiscovery packages such as Law PreDiscovery.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and manage numerous assignments at once.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to solve problems by analyzing facts.
- Ability to write, read, and interpret general business documents.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and employees of the Firm.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent research and development skills.
- Exceptional follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with deadlines.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Skilled in planning and organization.
- Willingness to be available during business off-hours & carry a Smartphone.
- Flexibility to work extended hours and travel on short notice.
To appy: please go to www.bipc.com > careers > professional staff or send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
For more information about Buchanan Ingersoll and Rooney PC; please visit our website at www.bipc.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.