As an Enterprise Third Party Risk Steward you are a member of PNC's Supply Chain Management organization of more than 170 division professionals.
The Supply Chain Management organization is enhancing the Enterprise Third Party Management (ETPM) model that will improve efficiencies, mitigate risk, and improve governance to better enable effective Third Party Management (TPM). This role is located in Pittsburgh, PA, One PNC, where you will work within the Enterprise Third Party Management function, a key division of PNCs Supply Chain Management Organization. This position will work closely with various risk stakeholders to mitigate risk and improve governance at a central level. This position will report to the Process Ownership and Improvement Manager.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in a particular risk area of the bank that may inform the third party selection process or play a role in ongoing monitoring activities of third parties.
- Responsible for the execution and ongoing process improvement of the Statements on Standards of Attestation Engagements (SSAE) and the Compliance Risk Assessment Process
- Responsible for interpreting SOC reports provided by the third party as part of the SSAE Risk Assessment and identifying controls and deficiencies, as needed, to the Lines of Business to assist in their understanding of the risks involved with the third party
- Responsible for identifying laws and regulations that would be applicable (e.g., TCPA, AML/OFAC, Reg E, ECOA, FDCPA, Reg Z, etc.) for the Compliance Risk Assessment based on a product, service, or process that is being outsourced to a third party
- Responsible for coordinating with various Lines of Business based on regulatory subject matter expertise to decision Compliance Risk Assessments and ensure completion with required Service Level Agreements
- Accountable for reviewing controls and providing guidance relative to risk domain(s).
- Evaluate and oversee changes to inherent risk assessments and due diligence activities.
- Responsible for responding to legal, regulatory and other marketplace risk factors.
- Serve as a point of escalation for all matters within the scope of the Risk Steward authority and attest to the conformance of a respective risk domain.
- Develop and/or update and maintain internal standards, policies, and procedure manuals to ensure current processes are clearly documented and consistent with regulatory policy.
- Coordinate with the ETPM Regulatory Officer in the design/development or enhancements of inherent, due diligence, and recurring risk assessments.
- Partner and collaborate with ETPM internal team members aligned with the respective risk domain(s) to share best practices and identify opportunities for enhancing third party risk management processes.
- Support the internal education of best practices throughout the Line of Business as needed.
- Participate in activities with the risk steward community (i.e. working groups, lunch and learns, roundtables).
- Foster relationships with Third Party Management Office (TPMO) and relevant internal stakeholders.
- Support ETPM key risk reporting processes/metrics.
- Executes the LOB Risk Management program, identifying opportunities for enhancement where applicable. Enables line of business adherence with risk programs.
- Participates in the design and development of the risk management program to meet business and regulatory expectations. Leads in the design and development of specific risk management program components.
- Executes the risk management programs within or across the lines of business (e.g. - business self-assessment and quality reviews). May lead cross functional teams.
- Provides risk expertise while working with the businesses and other risk partners (e.g., Compliance, Credit, Legal, Audit).
- Leads or influences risk initiatives and business as usual activities. Identifies risk, assesses impact and makes recommendations on resolution. Reports and escalates risk and program compliance as appropriate.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
Job Specific Competencies
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Industry Knowledge - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Process Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Standard Operating Procedures - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Internal Controls - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Operational Risk - Working Experience
Required Education and Experience
- Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Associated topics: attorney, company, compliance, compliance office, internal, lawyer, legal, legal department, llp, market