If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you ll fit in at Employer (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
IT at Employer
When you work at Employer, you are part of a company that provides customers financial well-being and peace of mind. As a member of our IT team, you work side by side with the business, pursuing strategic opportunities for our company. It s an exciting time with new products, new distribution channels and new customer needs that are driving big investments in technology. At Employer, we are large enough for big opportunities and small enough for big impact.
This is a hands-on role, that will be responsible for enhancing and developing our IT compliance program, including compliance control objective authoring, testing, and reporting, as well as achieving appropriate compliance certifications.
- Provides managerial guidance to user department staff on the development of local, system-specific, and application-specific information security policies, guidelines, standards, procedures, and responsibility designations
- Responsible for managing the work environment, identifying workforce needs and ensuring alignment with corporate manager expectations, values and vision as it related to IT Compliance, Audit, and Risk
- Coordinate activities supporting enterprise-wide IT technology audits and assessments. This includes periodic control testing efforts, as well as working with internal and external auditors.
- Act as a primary Subject Matter Expert for IT Compliance.
- Act as liaison between representatives from internal audit, external audit firms, Finance and IT to coordinate scoping, testing approaches, results and deficiencies.
- Work with process and control owners to create Risk & Control Matrix for processes identified through risk assessment
- Identify various compliance, information security and business continuity risks to the organization and makes recommendations for corrective actions/mitigation of risks.
- Think strategically about IT control environment enhancements and be able to plan and implement change.
- Prepare periodic reports, track program progress and report findings to GRC and IT management.
- Bachelor s degree from a four-year college preferred and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college, or equivalent experience.
- Sarbanes-Oxley / IT audit experience, as well as IT Security compliance standards such as ISO 27001/2 and/or SOC2.
- Strong understanding of IT General Controls, as well as network, OS, application and database controls.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal & influencing skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) with all levels of the organization, as well as external stakeholders.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Governance, Risk and Compliance Frameworks (COSO, COBIT, ISO27001, NIST, etc.).
- Experience with GRC solutions, including building out controls and performing test work within the tool.
- Experience participating in large business/system integration efforts
- 5-6 or more years experience in a IT Audit or Compliance role or related experience.
- 2 or more years experience with GRC software solutions, especially Archer and Aveksa
- Participation in full life cycle implementations (from scoping/planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, go-live and support)
Standard Insurance Company, Employer Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc., StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc. and StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC, marketed as Employer, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. Employer offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. Employer requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of Employer must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-###-####. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task