Network Security Specialist
Ready for a challenge that will leverage your experience and keep you on the edge of cyber security? Come join our Parsons Federal team, supporting the National Cyber Programs Directorate, and enjoy a career with some of the best professionals in the market. The Network Security Specialist position will be in Arlington, Virginia, or Fairfax, Virginia.
Performs technical analysis of network activity.
Monitors and evaluates network flow data, signature-based IDS events and full packet capture data.
Triages IDS alerts.
Collects related data from various network analysis systems, reviews available information (from open and closed sources) on related threats and vulnerabilities and prepares initial summary reports.
Monitors and analyzes signature-based IDS alerts and associated packet data.
Analyzes network flow data for anomalies and correlates reporting with enterprise-wide network activity.
Documents key event details and analytic findings in an incident management system.
Provides oversight and assessment of incident response and triage actions across a large enterprise.
Identifies and extracts network indicators from incident reporting and published technical advisories and bulletins.
Performs incident correlation and escalation.
Recommends new IDS signatures and detection strategies.
Produces final reports and reviews incident reports from junior analysts.
Communicates and collaborates with analysts from other SOC organizations to investigate cyber events.
Assesses cyber observables and indicators and collaborates in the development of IDS signatures and detection mechanisms.
Monitors and reports on trends and activity on network sensor platforms.
Provides technical assessments of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
Fuses open-source threat and vulnerability information with data collected from sensors across the enterprise.
Produces and updates documentation on network analysis and incident handling.
- For the first level, a Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 2 years related technical experience.
- For the second level, a Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 5 years related technical experience.
- Basic working knowledge of security concepts, protocols, processes, architectures and tools (e.g., authentication and access control technologies, intrusion detection, network traffic analysis, SIM technology, incident handling, media/malware analysis).
- Basic working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols and architectures (OSI-model, TCP/IP, major application protocols, LAN and WANs, VPNs, routers and routing, addressing).
- Ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment.
- Active Top-Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility. In addition, the selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- The ability to support shift work.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required due to government or federal requirement.
- U.S. citizens ONLY due to government or federal requirement.
- Applicants selected for employment may be subject to a federal background investigation and may need to meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials
- Basic programming or scripting skills is preferred.
- Current DHS Suitability at the SCI level.
- CISSP, GSE, GCIA, GCIH, or other related professional certifications.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of technical services. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Associated topics: alarm, canine detection, explosive detection, loss prevention, patrol, safety officer, school, surveillance, unarmed, university