At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA):Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation s third-largest Brokerage business with 15,134 Financial Advisors and 3,883 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administers $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
WFA Operations and Branch Infrastructure: WFA s Operations and Branch Infrastructure Group is a key component to the ongoing success of Wells Fargo Advisors. The group provides the service, transaction and technical foundation upon which all of Wells Fargo Advisors business functions operate and does so in a manner that continually improves the firm s competitive advantage.
About WFA's Risk and Controls Consulting Group
As a part of WFA s Operations and Branch Infrastructure group, the Risk and Controls Consulting Group collaborates with the group s departments in proactively identifying and addressing risks related to their processes in a consistent, efficient, and effective manner. The Operational Risk Consultant position will work with all WFA Operations and Branch Infrastructure departments to help proactively identify relevant risks that arise from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or external events, as well as assisting the departments in developing reasonable policies, procedures, and controls to mitigate those risks.
The Risk and Controls Consultant (ORC 4) position within the Risk and Controls Consulting team is primarily responsible for consulting with departments in WFA s Operations and Branch Infrastructure group to help management proactively identify and address risks that arise from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or external events. This includes assisting departments in developing and implementing policies, procedures, and internal controls to appropriately mitigate identified risks, while maintaining a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency.
The Risk and Controls Consultant will:
- Execute risk assessments throughout WFA s Operations and Branch Infrastructure by understanding and documenting business processes, and identifying the relevant risks and controls related to a particular process. This will include the development of testing strategies to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of identified controls.
- Create clear documentation to support the testing results and related conclusions, report observations to business unit management, and consult with management to develop appropriate corrective action plans to address identified issues.
- Responsible for leading projects, coaching less tenured team members and reviewing completed deliverables.
- Coordinate work with Risk Management, Compliance, Financial Controls, and Internal Audit, as necessary.
- Provide operational risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives with high risk.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Audit or internal controls testing experience
- Experience testing policy and procedures/control testing
- Ability to identify gaps through risk based testing
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Experience communicating and presenting complex information to multiple levels of the organization
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Brokerage industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, risk management, or audit operations
- Brokerage operations experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Public accounting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of fiduciary law and federal regulations
- Experience interpreting and applying state, federal, and agency legal and regulatory compliance requirements
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of complex regulatory/compliance issues and potential solutions
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.