At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Corporate Policy Office helps achieve risk management expectations through effective policy management across the company; working with policy management teams to ensure policies and procedures support risk management strategies and compliance with laws and regulations in an effective and efficient manner.
Reporting to one of three Corporate Policy Office team leaders, we are seeking five (5) ORC5s to provide leadership and oversight of policy management activities in collaboration with corporate and business senior risk leaders accountable for Wells Fargo policies and procedures. The ORC5s will work broadly across the organization with risk and business managers to develop and improve corporate and business policies, procedures, and reference documentation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluating draft policies and procedures to ensure they align with Wells Fargo s risk governance documents and effectively communicate the responsibilities and requirements for managing risk; challenge and escalate as needed;
- Providing thought leadership and promoting appropriate policy direction by analyzing assigned issues, matters, and processes and recommending solutions;
- Identifying deficiencies in the proposed control requirements communicated through policies and procedures, and recommending the appropriate controls to address those deficiencies;
- Developing or leading policy or process design and improvement initiatives;
- Negotiating, influencing, and collaborating within team environment and across all levels of the organization to ensure policy management practices are effective and policies and procedures are accurate and actionable
- Advising policy teams on effective and efficient policy management practices, common processes, tools and resources
- Overseeing adherence to company-wide policy management program and resolving or escalating issues as appropriate;
- Monitoring policy management practices and recommending appropriate changes to improve, resulting in better governance documentation, communication, and implementation across the company.
Preferred locations include Minneapolis, MN, Charlotte, NC and Des Moines, IA.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to grasp complex business issues quickly, recommend solutions, and drive for resolutions
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to simultaneously lead multiple projects
- Ability to turn preliminary or ambiguous information, ideas, or problems into well-defined plans and solutions
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated change management skills leading broad initiatives that included design and implementation of new or significantly revised policies and procedures or overseeing implementation and execution of policies on a large scale initiative;
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and monitor internal controls;
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo s risk culture and structure with ability to navigate the complexity of the organization.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: analyse, analysis, business analyst, business systems analyst, financial analyst, forecasting, guidance, investment analytics, refinement, valuation analyst