California Closet Company, Inc. is searching for an experienced paralegal who enjoys working both independently and as part of a team. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, have strong written and oral communication skills, and able to manage a diverse and busy workload to include the following:
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare applications for, manage and maintain contractor s and state and local business license filings. Establish and administer tracking system for license filings, deadlines and obligations.
- Assist with due diligence in acquisition transactions.
- Work with corporate counsel to prepare standard form agreements. Assist corporate counsel with contract and lease review for accuracy and specific requirements.
- Manage corporate lease renewal process.
- Establish and maintain a contracts database.
- Identify areas to improve internal processes; work with the corporate counsel in driving the development of company policy, procedure and standardization in transaction processes and documentation.
- Provide general support to the corporate counsel, including, research on federal, state and local and local laws and regulations
- Assist corporate counsel with outside counsel and review and processing of legal billing and legal department budget.
- Assist corporate counsel with other projects as assigned.
- 5+ years at a leading law firm; previous in-house experience preferred but not required
- Experience managing contracts, assets, leases and/or business licenses
- Experience preparing and filing corporate business licenses or similar filings.
- Experience with non-disclosure agreements, leases, franchise and other agreements.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated, ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple ongoing projects
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner, with a high level of integrity and ethics
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of self-awareness and humility
- Manages deadlines and can focus in challenging situations
- Sense of humor
- Intellectual agility and curiosity, enjoys research and problem-solving
- Business-oriented - ability to focus on details and legal requirements, while also able to see long-term goals and obstacles