The Risk Management department is seeking a
for our corporate office in Green Tree, Foster Plaza, Pittsburgh, PA
This is a small, close-knit department within a mid-sized company, with a nearly 30-year successful history. The manager is looking for the right person to collaborate with and develop for future career success.
The ideal candidate
will be a highly organized, dedicated professional with strong communication skills and a paralegal certificate or relevant experience. The Paralegal reports to the Director of Risk Management, Legal Affairs, and HIPAA Compliance assisting with legal tasks related to employee and patient issues by compiling and coordinating the daily flow of documents and information. Confidentially and maintaining privilege of all work is essential.
Wexford Health Sources, (located in Green Tree) one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality.
We re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Organize and maintain legal files.
- Assist with case tracking, claim management, and discovery.
- Gather and organize documents, records, and other materials in response to requests, subpoenas, discovery requests, etc.
- Draft and revise correspondence, subpoena responses, agreements, etc.
- General legal and business research.
- Create ad hoc reports.
- General administrative work.
- Familiarity with Workers Comp and HIPAA Compliance.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal).
- High attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Proficient in Excel and Adobe X Pro or higher
- Ability to keep pertinent information confidential
- Paralegal certificate, or 3 years of relevant experience
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge and performance of nursing policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a set work schedule and report to work on a timely basis.
- General math and analytical skills, planning, administrative and organizational skills essential.
- Ability to competently manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative associate, deputy clerk, legal assistant, legal secretary, paralegal, paralegal corporate, receptionist, secretary