PAE has several exciting opportunities for Paralegal/Legal Assistants to support various divisions with mission critical needs.
- Performs the following tasks while complying with established procedures: compiles, prepares, and summarizes relevant materials for use by attorneys in discovery and in preparation of motions, briefs and other legal documents
- Summarizes depositions and other transcripts
- Maintains case files
- Performs simple legal research
- Indexes, tracks and controls document discovery (including documents produced and received in discovery)
- Indexes, tracks and exhibits and other materials at depositions and at trial.
- Prepares exhibit cross-references.
- Assists attorneys in courtroom.
- Reviews documents for relevance and privilege according to established guidelines and criteria.
- Other examples of the types of work to be performed include compilation of documents for FOIA, production requests, Congressional inquiries, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a government security clearance to include an extensive background investigation.
- Requires paralegal certificate. An equivalent level of legal training may be substituted with the approval of the COR.
- At least one (1) year of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very helpful.
- Must have basic legal knowledge, including knowledge of standard legal citation to cite check legal motions and memorandum and must have sufficient experience with legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw to perform basic legal research.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, thorough knowledge and hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Role also requires basic familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- May require references and a writing sample.
- Experience with a variety of litigation support software, especially Relativity.
- Experience with claims processing, accounting, and financial documents.
- Active Department of Justice clearance.