When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position can be located in either Oakwood Village, OH or Tewksbury, MA.
How will you make an impact?
You will be responsible for the deployment of policies and programs to ensure compliant business operations and minimize risk. The ideal candidate will have global product safety experience in areas such as electrical and chemical product safety.
What will you do?
- Work with regional teams to ensure company compliance with guidelines for chemical and electrical safety and communicate with product management and product development teams.
- Keep current with changing global safety regulations and standards and communicate proposed & impending changes to ensure business continuity and compliance is maintained.
- Create programs and systems to manage product safety documentation. Implement performance metrics to identify areas of improvement or areas that could lead to non-compliance.
- Participate in Risk Assessment activities such as Hazard Analysis and FMEA s.
- Assist in identification & selection of new and alternate components.
- Product testing and safety agency testing including Software, Hardware, and and product safety & associated marking (US FCC, CE, etc)
- Participate in 3rd party agency audits.
- Evaluate and analyze 3rd party laboratories detailed test reports, and provide detailed test report improvement suggestions.
- Collaborate in a team environment and assist in development and improvement of test methodologies, reporting, and coordination of various tasks.
- Coordinate and manage multiple projects in parallel with tight deadlines.
- Ensure product and company compliance with global environmental standards and directives (such as CE, WEEE, UL, TUV, IEC, CSA Safety Standards, EN61010, etc.)
How will you get here?
- Minimum Bachelor s degree in Engineering required (EE Preferred)
- 5+ years Product Safety experience in a testing lab or engineering project development environment.
- Must have working knowledge of safety requirements and industry standards.
- Must be able to write technical documents clearly and concisely.
- Design experience in safety and certification is preferred
- Work experiences with ETL, UL, IEEE, IEC, CSA, CEC etc. is preferred
- Work experiences with UHDA, USB, wifi alliance, ATSC etc. is preferred
- Strong problem solving skills
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: attorney corporate, company, compliance, compliance department, compliance office, corporate, counsel, legal affairs, legal department, market