Job Title: Program Director, Comparator Sourcing
Reports To: Managing Director, Global Head of Comparator Sourcing
Position Location: Field-based in the US (East coast is ideal)
The Clinical Trials Division (CTD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific is focused on providing end to end clinical trial solutions for our customers. We don t specialize in any particular therapy we support them all. Our customers range from small biotech/pharmaceutical startups to large pharmaceutical companies who focus on R&D and prefer to outsource supporting services for the execution of clinical trials across the globe. We have the industry s largest global footprint of FDA cGMP facilities and regional hubs strategically located around the globe so we can be where our customers need us - we provide the full suite of services in each of those hubs so that we can get the right medication to the right patient on time.
The Program Director of North America, Comparator Sourcing is part of the management team of the Comparator Business Unit and as such, works with the Managing Director to achieve business goals and annual operating plan. The job holder is primarily responsible for leading a team of Program Managers, Project Managers, Project Support Assistants and for ensuring that the services provided by the teams are delivered to the standards of client service and quality required, all in a timely manner. They are responsible for managing and developing clients in the region, according to portfolio assigned. The team, with the support of the sourcing team, is providing customer service and comparator sourcing subject matter expertise, in managing end-to-end projects and in implementing strategies that primarily result in customer satisfaction and long-term productive customers development and growth. The role requires an in depth understanding of clinical trials supplies and the services associated.
- Accountability for delivering regional AOP in terms of revenue and gross margin objectives
- Line management of assigned teams and individuals. Establishes goals for direct reports in accordance with company initiatives and vision.
- Develops, mentors and performs annual reviews for direct reports. Contribute in the recruitment, training and development of team and responsible for their performance appraisal and management.
- Manages the portfolio of clients for the region, handled by the Comparator Sourcing teams. Ensuring the team delivers the subject matter expertise to clients.
- Manage quote requests and approvals
- Ensure integration and cross-functional work with all other functions within CTD when necessary, so ensuring an overall service delivered to customers is of a consistently high standard
- Full commercial responsibilities for the customer portfolio assigned to the region, meeting AOP targets and developing clients. Participates in sales and marketing activities such as customer and/or study kickoffs/QBRs, teleconferences, customer visits, audits Work closely with the head of sales in the region and global relationship directors to gain overall customer satisfaction and develop client portfolio
- Development of customer dashboards, bowler charts and metrics for performance management
- Lead Preferred Provider Agreements or Sole Provider Agreements with comparator strategic and growth customers
- Work with Managing Director on business planning, budgeting, recruitment and organization.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for internal stakeholders in giving advisory support on sourcing strategy and providing timely and accurate information, especially around milestones that need to be kept to meet projects timelines, as well as any questions or challenges related to projects
- Minimize risks throughout the supply chain for Fisher Clinical Services and for clients projects
- Foster clear communication of multi-sites projects and among business lines
- Facilitate client contracts, CDA s, MSA s and Technical Agreements
- Ensure rapid and secure export/import of pharmaceutical products to be used in clinical trials
- Ensure compliance to all regulations
- Demonstrate and drive the Thermo Fisher values Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I s)
- Apply Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility
- Active part in generation of business planning, identification of market trends, reporting focused on sourcing and over all organization matters.
- Be a catalyst for positive change
- Active part in PPI, lean and other improve projects.
- Bachelors degree in science, business or related field
- 5-10+ years experience in project or key account management or related pharmaceutical role.
- Management experience is a plus
- Experience in commercial/clinical pharmaceutical supply chain
- In depth understanding of clinical trials and other business services.
- High level of Business Acumen in both Administration and Business Strategies
- Interpersonal skills surrounding Supplier/Client Interactions
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and exercises good judgment and appropriate discretion when reaching conclusions
- Manage, train and motivate to effectively provide personal leadership and development to produce a high performing team culture
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Collaborative style; able to build strong relationships with business partners and influencing senior stakeholders
- Good knowledge of company functions globally and a deep understanding of the relationships and processes integration among departments within the business.
- Ability to speak, listen and write in a clear, concise, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Ability to overcome obstacles and achieve key outcomes and follow through to get things done and deliver what is promised.
- Willing to travel 25-50%
*IND-CCGThermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: advertise, demand, endowment, marketplace, newspaper, policies, presale, product market, regulatory, university relationship